Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Your other talents (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/your-other-talents-t52302.html)

Lyncat 07-01-2010 08:46 PM

4 Attachment(s)
I love to make costumes...for Halloween, plays, whatever.
Here are some of my favorites...

We won 1st place at Joann Fabrics costume contest with this one.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]83868[/ATTACH]

I made 17 of these for my class program.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]83869[/ATTACH]

collage of nephew's costumes
[ATTACH=CONFIG]83870[/ATTACH]

My true personality
[ATTACH=CONFIG]83968[/ATTACH]

oksewglad 07-01-2010 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by aneternalpoet
Awesome, poet friend! I have had several poems made into recorded songs from a musical friend of mine in Tacoma, Washington. He is working on a project with a record company right now, with 2 songs taken from my poetry.. The CD will be used as a way for a foreign country ( can't recall which ) to learn to plant, and grow, and harvest trees for their impoverished country. The CD title will be named The Mercy Tree , which is what my poem was called.
Amazing sometimes to know that words can turn into something bigger than what the poem was meant to become.

Congratulations! What an honor! I see you are a newbie--so hello and welcome from an Iowa girl!

oksewglad 07-01-2010 09:25 PM

amandasgramma--I so admire those who draw and paint--I have a hard time holding my hand steady enough to do it. Thansk for sharing

B. Louise 07-04-2010 04:35 PM

2 Attachment(s)
So great to see your talents. Here's one of mine. I made some clothes for 2 of my grandkids.

shirt and hat for DGS
[ATTACH=CONFIG]82555[/ATTACH]

sundress and hat for DGD
[ATTACH=CONFIG]82556[/ATTACH]

danmar 07-04-2010 07:52 PM

6 Attachment(s)
I enjoy alot of different crafts and projects. I knit, crochet, embroidery, do plastic canvas, paint ceramics for Christmas, cross stitch, sew clothes, curtains, etc.,make decorative wreaths and flower baskets, do home decorating, and macrame. Here's some pictures of my projects.

Knitted Cable Aphgan
[ATTACH=CONFIG]82422[/ATTACH]

Crocheted Aphgan
[ATTACH=CONFIG]82424[/ATTACH]

Plastic Canvas
[ATTACH=CONFIG]82425[/ATTACH]

Cross stitch
[ATTACH=CONFIG]82426[/ATTACH]

Make wreaths
[ATTACH=CONFIG]82427[/ATTACH]

Flower Baskets
[ATTACH=CONFIG]82428[/ATTACH]

Pam 07-05-2010 05:47 AM

So many busy people, how do we have time for quilts?

Katie 07-05-2010 07:04 AM

I do counted cross stitch, crochet and knit, I also sew clothing and purses although it's been a while. I used to do macrame and ceramics also. I am so jealous of you that can do carpentry. I bought a house that is a true fixer upper and my best friend will be the internet and how to books since most of the work will be done by your truly. I moved out here about 2 weeks ago and have been working at the paying job and then working on the nonpaying job(the house)almost everyday since. I took a little rest this morning to check in here, I will be so glad to be able to spend some time at the sewing machine again.