Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Your top 10 TV series? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/your-top-10-tv-series-t269896.html)

Kris P 09-13-2015 05:26 AM

I like lighter series, so maybe you'll find some of these interesting, too.
Heart of Dixie
New Girl
How I met your mother
Last Man Standing
Friends
Top Gear (UK)
Doc Martin
Monarch of the Glen
All of Ken Burns documentaries (which may not interest you... but are very well done.)
The great thing about Netflix is once you finish watching a movie or show, they will give suggestions. We have found so many great selections this way.

msrosecooks 09-13-2015 06:00 AM

House of cards is a very good one.

nancyw 09-13-2015 06:04 AM

NCIS, NCIS Los Angeles, NCIS New Orleans, Hell on wheels,Longmire, How to get away with murder, Haven, Gothem, Scotpion, Castle, Law and order SUV, Grey's anatomy, Hawiia Five-O, Blue bloods, Once upon a time, CSI, Marvei's agents of S>H>I>L>D>, Criminal minds, Bones, Sleepy hollow, Madam Secretary, Homeland, The Good Wife, CSI cyber, Finding Carter. Some of the new shows we.er going to take a look at are Limitless, Quantico, The Flash and I'm not sure if Finding Carter is new or not.

Fizzle 09-13-2015 06:34 AM

Several that we start and enjoy reall seem to take a turn toward ??? Can't really think of the word to describe. Nasty? Horrible? Too much blood and gore and ick. Game of Thrones :(. Dexter :(. The Tutors :(. Rome :(. They suck you in and when you are done you feel bad for watching.... They seem to go too far, cross the line of good viewing..
Parenthood was one I really liked!!! I do like Longmire. Watching Rescue Me now. Have a hard time with regular TV because of commercials. Have become spoiled with Netflix, Hulu and the others. :)

Trisher 09-13-2015 06:43 AM

I liked a lot of what has been suggested. Was Call the Midwife mentioned? Also Last Tango in Halifax was good.

Butterfli19 09-13-2015 06:47 AM

I watch Mistresses, Project Runway, Cedar Cove, Hallmark Movies. I sleep better when I end my day feeling happy than depressed and paranoid. Sometimes Castle but agree it went a little dull after they got married.

Wanabee Quiltin 09-13-2015 07:19 AM

I agree with what the shows listed above. Right now we are watching Monarch of the Glens and have so enjoyed it.

Onebyone 09-13-2015 09:11 AM

Lark Rise to Candleford is excellent. It's on Amazon Prime and use to be on Netflix. When one drops a show the other picks is up.
A Murder at Pemberly is a must if you are a Jane Austin fan.

The old series of Brewster's Place is a great mini series. Many haven't seen Roots either. I like the old tv mini series. Remember Thornbirds?

slbram17 09-13-2015 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by Fizzle (Post 7316046)
Several that we start and enjoy reall seem to take a turn toward ??? Can't really think of the word to describe. Nasty? Horrible? Too much blood and gore and ick. Game of Thrones :(. Dexter :(. The Tutors :(. Rome :(. They suck you in and when you are done you feel bad for watching.... They seem to go too far, cross the line of good viewing..
Parenthood was one I really liked!!! I do like Longmire. Watching Rescue Me now. Have a hard time with regular TV because of commercials. Have become spoiled with Netflix, Hulu and the others. :)

Oh yeah, forgot about Parenthood. I came late to it, and loved it, and then poof! it was gone. Shame really. It was a very well acted, well written series.

nativetexan 09-13-2015 04:28 PM

British murder mysteries I love, many listed above. also MHZ worldview tv has some nice European detective shows. I get them on Comcast, one of the stations I like to watch. can be seen on the internet too though. Montalbano is one, Beck, Brunetti and some by Camilla Lackberg are good too. just read some of her books. anything but U.S. stuff.