Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Priority Mail Flat Rate Board Game Box >

Priority Mail Flat Rate Board Game Box

Priority Mail Flat Rate Board Game Box

Old 06-19-2011, 07:20 AM

lol...worse come to worse they make really good boxes to wrap gifts in.

On the used flat rate boxes I have received, I trimmed off the upper edges and use them as scrap boxes that fit under shelves on my desk.

In a few weeks (after more training) my deployed son will be out of the country. With the APO address, the flat rate box is really the only way to go for us.
Old 06-19-2011, 05:31 PM

I absolutely agree that an accurate scale is mandatory if you do much shipping. I bought my 20 lb scale on ebay for $15-$20 (with shipping!) if I recall correctly. For me, that money was well invested; I no longer had to drive to the PO to have the package weighed, and bigger bonus-printing postage online saved me money! My scale paid for itself long ago :thumbup:

Make sure you have a "hold" button on it. It's very difficult reading the numbers when the box is covering them! ;)
Old 06-29-2011, 04:32 PM
Banned

You know, you can get them postal scales for free a lot of times. I went to stamps.com, signed up for the trial period, they sent me a scale, stamps to print myself, and I can't remember what all they sent me, it was so long ago,
but before the trial period ends, let them know that you can't afford their prices, and it's all yours to keep and didn't cost you anything, or very very little. That is a pretty good deal, I think. And even years later when I signed up with them again, they sent me a newer scale to keep. That's when I was working and could afford the monthly fee and in fact, I stayed with them for quite a few years. I would be with them now, if they would lower their monthly rate some.
Just thought I would pass this info on to yous
Bev B