Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
problems with internet explorer? >

problems with internet explorer?

problems with internet explorer?

Old 02-22-2010, 09:26 AM

I have been having so many problems with my computer. It would freeze up, run slow and constantly have to close because of problems.I had used programs to clean up my computer but was still having a lot of problems. I was ready to get a new computer. Then someone told my husband about "Firefox". It is a free download browser. He downloaded it first and the speed he gained was amazing, so I downloaded it too. I am totally amazed!! My computer has never performed as well. Talk about speeding things up!! Wow!! I can still use my hotmail only now it flies!! If you are having this problem try it....You can always switch back if you aren't satisfied...I am extremely happy with Firefox though....

Ditter
Old 02-22-2010, 09:33 AM

I have been using Firefox for years. It is great. They improve on it constantly.
Old 02-22-2010, 09:35 AM

I love Firefox, I also use AVAST anti virus program its free and I have never had a problem with it in the 2 years I have used it. I won't even use Internet explorer, if a page won't load with it then I don't even bother with it.
Old 02-22-2010, 09:35 AM
Power Poster

I also am a Firefox user!! Love it!!
Old 02-22-2010, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by Ditter43
I have been having so many problems with my computer. It would freeze up, run slow and constantly have to close because of problems.I had used programs to clean up my computer but was still having a lot of problems. I was ready to get a new computer. Then someone told my husband about "Firefox". It is a free download browser. He downloaded it first and the speed he gained was amazing, so I downloaded it too. I am totally amazed!! My computer has never performed as well. Talk about speeding things up!! Wow!! I can still use my hotmail only now it flies!! If you are having this problem try it....You can always switch back if you aren't satisfied...I am extremely happy with Firefox though....

Ditter
Ditter43 are you on dialup or broadband or what? I am on dialup and can't even use the Quilting Board chat room, I keep getting booted out by dialup. We are one mile out of AT&Ts range for broadband or DSL. I am miserable but can't even do satellite out here.
Old 02-22-2010, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk
I love Firefox, I also use AVAST anti virus program its free and I have never had a problem with it in the 2 years I have used it. I won't even use Internet explorer, if a page won't load with it then I don't even bother with it.
Ok silly question from a non genis computer user. My computer is old and low on memory [no more rm-so we can't add more] If I download Firefox can I delete Internet Explorer or does windows xp need IE?
Does someone have a link for AVAST-I went looking for it the last time I complained about my norton slowing down my computer but there were so many links I wasn't sure which one I was supposed to use...help please-welcome to PM if that would make it easier, any help would be very much appreciated.
thank-you
dee
Old 02-22-2010, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by craftiladi
Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk
Ok silly question from a non genis computer user. My computer is old and low on memory [no more rm-so we can't add more] If I download Firefox can I delete Internet Explorer or does windows xp need IE?
Does someone have a link for AVAST-I went looking for it the last time I complained about my norton slowing down my computer but there were so many links I wasn't sure which one I was supposed to use...help please-welcome to PM if that would make it easier, any help would be very much appreciated.
thank-you
dee
http://www.avast.com/index
Its free if you use the residential user one.

You can uninstall IE, if never really leaves your machine, but the bulk of it does.
Have you gone through your computer and cleaned it out, meaning uninstalled old programs no longer being used, old games, duplicate files , empty folders..etc?
Old 02-22-2010, 10:30 AM

Location: Currently Mosquito (which is outside of Placerville) California

I am an ardent Firefox user! Have been for several years and it has been one of the best computer decisions I've made.
Old 02-22-2010, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by joeyoz
I have been using Firefox for years. It is great. They improve on it constantly.
Ditto, my kids got me started on firefox when they were in college and I love it!!!
Old 02-22-2010, 10:47 AM

Thanks for the Firefox recommend. I wonder if my Ad Muncher will work with it?