Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Professional pictures of feet? What ....REALLY?

Professional pictures of feet? What ....REALLY?

Ok first I hope I don't offend anyone who is a photographer. So I was on facebook and was on one of my group pages and this photographer was announcing a special...for only $200 you could have a lasting picture done by a professional of your feet???? Are you kidding? I have a hard enough time paying for pictures when they are of my face but why?? why?? would someone pay that much money for a picture of feet...oh and you could have up to 6 pairs of feet in the photo! Just thought I'd see if I'm the only one who can't grasp this and please if you get it and would pay that I would love to know why???
    I get that flip flop pics are cute but trust me know one wants to walk into your house and see a 11x14 picture of your feet!!
    Thanks!!

Side note: no I did not comment because good manners tell me not to insult someones business but I did feel the need to rush here and get opinions.
    *Rachel*

Blog Entries
    we are all different and all have different likes and dislikes. apparently enough people are interested in these pictures to keep this photog in business
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak THINK
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

believe me they do NOT want to see DH's feet - they are so ugly they are OOGLY.

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltnNan View Post
    we are all different and all have different likes and dislikes. apparently enough people are interested in these pictures to keep this photog in business
    Thanks! yeah she does regular pics too this was her monthly special...Your very right!
    *Rachel*

Maybe the photographer was just trying to generate attention/publicity without having to give too much away, knowing not many people would take her up on it...
    People who start projects and never finish them are cooler
    than people who never start projects at all.

http://quiltingquick.weebly.com/blog.html

Blog Entries
    there actually are people who model feet. maybe she was looking for someone like that. I would rather spend my money on pics of the grandkids tho. Just my opinion.

Blog Entries
    I got a Chriatmas card one year of the feet of a family of six!! I had a hard time with my reaction to this...still think it was totally weird.

Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    There are a surprising number of foot fanatics (fetishers) out there who might really get off on this idea, but it sure seems ratheer weird to me! Altho' I must admit, I once saw a photo of a DH/DW couple whom I enjoy that was hanging in the privacy of their bedroom, taken on the beach in the islands somewhere, taken from the back of them holding cocktails and looking into the sunset....except they were completely naked in all their middle-aged glory! It was actually rather sweet and cute. And private in their bedroom (where I had been sent to use the bathroom). I have often wondered who took it!

Jan in VA
    Jan in VA
    Living in the foothills
    peacefully colors my world.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...bums19552.html

Blog Entries
    ha! i used to know a guy who loved feet!! but he didn't photograph them.

I think there's a photographer out there somewhere with a major foot fetish.
    If no one ever experimented we'd all still be making 4 patches.

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    No thank you.
    Kindness is a language which the deaf can hear and the blind see.
    mark Twain

Blog Entries
    My DIL has taken photos of my grandchildren's feet, like all together, and it turned out cute!! Not that she would pay a photographer a sitting fee to do it!!

I can understand a "foot model" having professional shots done. Someone has to do it for advertising in salons, shoes/sandals, etc.

Well it would look Good in a Foot Dr's office. In fact the Foot Dr. that I take my bother to has several pictures of peoples feet on the walls.
    Got-to Love those Dachshunds!!!!!

Quilters STITCH Together!!

My daughter in law lined up the 3 grandkids and wrote "We lov u" on the bottom of their feet and took a picture and put it onto the card they sent hubby for Father's Day. Big feet, medium feet, and tiny feet. We enjoyed it.

After Bunion surgery on both feet, NO, I would not pay any amount to have photo's of my feet.
    On another note, I went to a wedding once where the photographer took a photo of the bridesmaids flowers and
    the girls form the neck down. I called it the "Boob shot", because it seemed as though that was the "focus" of the photo. Another thing I don't think I would want to emphasize, if you know what I mean.

Happy Quilting,
    Susan
    Creative clutter is more blessed than tidy idleness.
    Susan - AKA _ Anglelight

Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!
    Well I am so glad that we are all different for sure, each to their own and what a world this would be if we were all the same! .. ( and that is just mho).
    When Life brings big winds of change that almost blows you over.Hang on tight and Believe.
    Words and hearts should be handled with care-for words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair. Author unknown to me
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right; for you'll be criticized anyway-Eleanor Roosevelt

Junior Member thevintageseamstress's Avatar
    Oh my sweet inocent quilters... the people that like feet are a little shall we say kinky and that is putting it mildly, just look up worn house slippers on ebay and you will get my drift... lol
    Did you say you dropped the pie!

i have a picure off my feet cause my freind who took all my and DH's engagment pics had a thing about pictures off feet and she put it in the engagment photo colection. some people like strange things.

The photographer that did our engagement pics did the feet picture, too. I thought it was kinda cool and now every time I look at it, a particular scripture comes to mind:

Romans 10:14-15 (ESV)

14 How then will they call on him in whom they have not believed? And how are they to believe in him (A)of whom they have never heard? And how are they to hear without someone preaching? 15 And how are they to preach unless they are sent? As it is written, “How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the good news!”

Blog Entries
    Diebetes runs in my family. My sister didn't have a foot to stand on when she passed. I think I should have a pic taken of mine just incase I have to have them removed.

Well my feet no but feet of little kids like in the sand or something too cute. My daughter is one who is very proud of her feet she actually has pretty feet and takes very good care of them . At one time she could have earned a lot of money....

would be cute to have a photo of your kids feet as a stamp in time all of them together
    Quilting makes me happy!..

One look at my feet and anyone who had a "thing" for them would be put off for life Must admit hands fascinate me, we have a beautiful pic of our hands on our wedding day...done in black and white...it is really well done.

There are a surprising number of foot fanatics (fetishers) out there who might really get off on this idea, but it sure seems ratheer weird to me!

That's exactly what I thought! Different strokes for different folks!

When I took photography in college we had to learn to take artistic pictures of all sorts of unusual subjects. Feet was a classic subject. In class it is not considered a fetish, but a means of communicating all sorts of things. You can communicate love, anger, beauty, etc. with a composition of feet. They are actually very expressive. Very old feet and very young feet are the best to photograph since they are the most interesting. You are conveying emotions and ideas, not representations of actual people. This is a totally different type of photograph than a portrait.These art photographs are very hard to do, and when they are well done usually win awards in photography shows.
    Last edited by TanyaL; 03-09-2012 at 12:36 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast