Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Purse insert pattern needed (free ?)

Purse insert pattern needed (free ?)

I have started changing purses lately to go with my outfit, something I have never done before. I know there are purse inserts out there and I could probably come up with my own pattern if I think hard enough about it. I know there are patterns for $12.95 but I am not sure they will fit my various purses and I sure don't want to buy a few of these at this price. Does anyone know of any free patterns for these purse inserts? They hold pretty much everything you carry in your purse and when you change purses, you just lift these out and put them in the new purse. Thanks.

The inserts are little more than stand alone pockets in a row. They can roll up to fit most any of your purses made that way. Just make sure you use a heavy stabilizer to make them stand up and hold up to use. I think Studio Kat designs has one on line, but I don't know if it is free.

http://www.studiokatdesigns.com/freebies/freepatterns
    RedGarnet222

"Take your needle, my child, and work at your pattern ... It will come out a rose by and by. Life is like that ...one stitch at a time, taken patiently."
    *Oliver Wendell Holms

Thanks for the information, I checked them out and then decided to google for the pattern. Found out that McCalls has a pattern and I will check for more. Need one with zippers for holding my cash and credit cards. Thanks.

Blog Entries
    There is a free pattern for a purse organizer on the Robert Kaufman Fabric website.
    Aurora

"A dying culture invariably exhibits personal rudeness. Bad manners. Lack of consideration for others in minor matters. A loss of politeness, of gentle manners, is more significant than is a riot." -Robert A. Heinlein

Thanks i like this idea!
    Born to Quilt, Forced to work. Retired and quilting!

Blog Entries
    I have made many purse inserts as gifts, I use rectangular place mats as they are already stiff. Just fold the place mat in half on the longest side then fold up each side again to the fold, you can custum make the slots for lipstck, cell phone, pens, tissues, house keys etc. Fold in half again to fit you purse then when you change your bag just lift out and you have all the necessities of life especially lipstick.
    Aussie Carol

Blog Entries
    I bought the one by Nancy Zieman that has two sizes. This is the larger of the two. It is 6"x10" and fits in all but my smallest bags.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If you always do, what you have always done, The results never change. Change is the wings you give yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Carol Wilson View Post
    I have made many purse inserts as gifts, I use rectangular place mats as they are already stiff. Just fold the place mat in half on the longest side then fold up each side again to the fold, you can custum make the slots for lipstck, cell phone, pens, tissues, house keys etc. Fold in half again to fit you purse then when you change your bag just lift out and you have all the necessities of life especially lipstick.
    what a neat idea, thanks.

Wow, that Robert Kaufman pattern is awesome! Thank you.

thanks for the links. I have been looking for a free pattern for ever.

This is really cute, and it looks like it has elastic on the pockets, great idea, stuff always falls out of mine!

Quote Originally Posted by madamekelly View Post
    I bought the one by Nancy Zieman that has two sizes. This is the larger of the two. It is 6"x10" and fits in all but my smallest bags.
    :-)
    CAS

Blog Entries
    thank u for the links, love this idea
    Mary