Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Putting things on the wrong board >

Putting things on the wrong board

Putting things on the wrong board

Old 02-25-2011, 01:28 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by cjomomma
I wouldn't worry too much about it. We have all done it a few times and probably more then that. I hope you haven't posted this due to some of the rude comments being made by others that apparently think they are perfect or that they run the board instead of letting our wonderful moderators take care of it. It takes time to learn to navigate the QB.
that isn't an accurate or fair judgement of the poster or her motives when she started that thread. she spoke the truth. we don't always like hearing the truth. (and "we" definitely includes "me". :lol: )

it's true that each section of the board serves a specific purpose.

it's true that each section is clearly defined on the board home page.

it's true that there are policies, detailed descriptions, and other useful information posted at the top of each sections. members should read all of those. it helps a lot when navigating a board as large and complex as this one.

it's true that we should do our best to choose the correct place for our topics. that's just common courtesy and good citizenship. to rely on the moderators to do the work for you is ... errrr .... ummmmm ... unfair at best - if you are deliberately posting willy nilly without giving it any thought. (that is almost never the case. a fraction of a fraction of a percent. statistically insignificant. ;-) )

on the other hand ...

it's true that we're all human. honest and accidental mistakes are going to happen.

it's true that some things will fit properly into more than one section, so the best choice isn't always obvious.

it's true that some things don't seem to fit anywhere, but we know they must fit somewhere. throw a dart. post where it lands. don't worry about it. :lol:

it's true that the world will not come to an end if we put something in the wrong place.

it's true that we mods can fix the mistakes in just a few seconds. it's no danger to our health and welfare. there is the danger of being driven crazy, but since i'm already nuttier that a fruitcake i don't personally worry. :lol:

BIG TRUTH: there's no need for anyone to load their shoulders with needless guilt over simple mistakes that are fixed in a flash. apologies are not necessary. we love you to pieces. :-)

BIG TRUTH: if the worst mistake you make in a day is to put something in the wrong place, you've had a pretty successful day! :lol: :lol: :lol:

do your best, but don't sweat the small stuff. life is too short. ;-)