Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: a pyramid company taking our town by a storm

Blog Entries
    Not a good investment IMO . A drink pyramid company flew threw here, took friends money and then crashed. Check and see if they have been around and if they have changed names of the product!

Blog Entries
    From what I understand of these type of things, people make money in the beginning so that others will join. but the more, the merrier for the upper ones. Others will fall by the wayside and end up with nothing.
    Good luck on your decision.

One of the links above gives the information on ingredients of "Verve". Note the high caffeine. So many people on medications are told by their doctor to NOT use caffeine with medications. Beware!
    My fabric talks to me.

Blog Entries
    Stay away from pyramid schemes, you will only end up losing money. Don't do it. If it sounds too good to be true, it is.

Sounds like it is best to sit back and watch. It is a scam, greed usually causes old people to get suckered and lose all their money. Nothing worth anything falls from the sky.
    Remember the saying "A fool and their money is soon parted"? You don't want to fall into that category.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Blog Entries
    I agree with every one here. I worry about the long term affects. It's just like all the medications they advertise on TV. The side affects are worse then the supposed ailment you are taking them for. I'd call the Better Business Bureau and then the prosecutors office.

Don't bother. This SCREAMS scam to me! The first ones in do well, the rest of us do not. Save your time and money. See how your friend does in 3 months, 6 months. If it's the real deal, you can get in on it later.

Also, how do you know the product will help YOUR health? Fibromyalgia is sort of a 'come and go' disease. It can be very bad for weeks, months or years, and then you have a good week, month or year. At least that's been my history with it. (I'm one of the "lucky" fibromyalgia people as I finally found a good medication regiment that keeps me in functional shape most of the time. Even so, there are days, weeks, etc.)

In any event, you should always check with your dR or pharmacist before you start any new supplements or medications. Please check with your local Better Business Bureau to see what they know about the company and it's products.

As others have suggested, google the company and the supplement. There will probably be many sites to go to, so look through a lot of them.
    A quilt is like a good life. It's full of mistakes, but, in the end, it looks pretty good.

Blog Entries
    Quick translation for diabetics out there. Organic glyconutrient=sugar!
    If you always do, what you have always done, The results never change. Change is the wings you give yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Doggramma View Post
    No I wouldn't. Almost got sucked into Amway once. The products may be decent, but the bottom line is that you need to keep recruiting more people to make any money. It's a racket, in my opinion.
    I agree. It seems no one actually sells the stuff, just corral more suckers in. It is true. If it is too good to be true STAY AWAY.

Absolutely not. Only the first in the scheme make anything and then the Pryamid topples into bankruptcy as more and more join so it kills itself. What about Bernard Madoff and his long prison sentence? THINK!

I would never participate in a scheme like that...just don't trust that sort of thing.

Blog Entries
    Several years ago in Florida there was a pyramid scam of buying into popular motels. My father-in-law bit, dumped a bunch of his savings in it. He got payments for a short while, after that there was no money coming and his investment disappeared. This was a big lesson on greed, IF IT SOUNDS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE, RUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Quote Originally Posted by Jan in VA View Post
    Noni Juice? I personally tried it a decade ago, enjoyed the juice's taste, didn't particularly see *instant* health changes, and found the way/price/effort to buy it totally off-putting. Not for me.

There's a reason we don't hear much about these products after the initial push and hullabaloo.

Jan in VA
    I agree-- tried Noni and didn't see any benefits. The only ones making the money are the people who sell you on the idea.

Save your money and talk with your doctor. Better get information from a trained professional than from somebody reeling out a line of yahoo.
    "Accomplishment is a consequence of effort" -- Michael Crichton

Blog Entries
    Just got a Facebook request from a friend to watch a video on VISI - some sort of drink. Must be the same kind of thing.
    Nikki in MO

Put your wallet in your pocket and walk away. These things make people stop taking your phone calls and run the other way when they see you coming.
    Kookie (Patti)

Quote Originally Posted by KalamaQuilts View Post
    buy a couple of bottles from your friend to satisfy your curiosity. Let the rest of the sheeple follow the herd.

https://www.truthinadvertising.org/p...warning-vemma/

Verve ingredients
    http://www.caffeineinformer.com/verv...ents-list-ever
    My cousins 15 year old son had just won a painball comp. he had to give up hockey after a bad hit in the head. He dark some energy drink left in a display when guy was told to leave. He had a heart attack and died and despite his Uncle being a big name researcher and alot of WHY'S and tests, they concluded the caffeine caused his heart to go crazy. They are not good for people.

My friend who was told she had fibromyalgia turned out to have MS instead. I certainly hope that's not the case with the person you know whose health improved, but a remission in her symptoms doesn't actually prove cause and effect - just saying!

Also, every pyramid eventually has to collapse, even if your potential buyers included the entire planet. It's just not likely to pan out in the long run.

You can learn everything there is to know about good, healthy food without spending money. In fact, you probably already know all there is to know about healthy food: eat lots of fresh fruit and vegetables every day and stay away from processed food, sugars and refined starches. Don't eat too much fat or too much meat. If you want to drink your veggies, dump them into a blender and hit puree. Where is the magic in that that makes people haul out their wallets?
    True self-care is not salt baths and chocolate cake, it is making the choice to build a life you donít need to regularly escape from. ~Brianna Wiest

I recently had someone approach me with a product called Protandim supposed to be wonderful. It is a MLM company I have sold Amway, Shaklee, Figurettes/Cameo, they are all great products BUT it is the top guys that make the money and it is hard work. So my advice would be to buy some of the product and you will then figure out if it is good and just buy more for yourself. Companies are required to label their products so you should be able to see what is in the product. Many companies require you to have a certain level of sales each month also. that means you are buying more than you need and will need to sell some of it.
    Doctors are not taught much about nutrition in school so needless to say many of them cannot give you information about nutrition they are taught to treat symptoms not find out what is causing the problem.

The only people who benefit in the Pyramid Scheme are the people at the top and they rely on people like you to keep it going. Also, if the product is so good why can't you buy it at a regular store or supermarket?

Do your homework first before you part with your precious money. To me it sounds like a scam.

Please think about this, it's a pyramid company. You have to keep the ball rolling all the time.

Blog Entries
    a relative of mine got tangled up with somthing like that I thought it was to many $ he gave a bottle of it to my son in law free to try and get him to buy
    who said it tasted good found juice at the store with main ingredient much cheaper
    esther

DO NOT jump into this! The first two people might make a dime the first week or two, but after that--NOTHING. This is the kind of scheme that scammers use to trap aging people who are short of money all the time. The people who get into this kind of thing are vulnerable because it looks so easy. It isn't. Trust me, this is a scam. froggyintexas

Run as fast as you can. The best thing you can do for your body is sleep, exercise, drink lots of water, eat fruits, veggies, meat and sweets. Hugs and laughter! Everything in moderation is ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
    Have the ingredients for the health drink been approved by the FDA? .
    Unfortunately the FDA isn't totally reliable either ... they said it was ok for subway to put that ingredient in their breads that flip flops and shoes are made of, info found here ... http://foodbabe.com/investigations/ who wants to eat this stuff? crazy what companies will do to people in this country just to make $. oh that ingredient is banned from foods in other countries ... FDA, phooey
    Warm quilt hugs, Sue in CA
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PostCardMailArt

Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death....Rosalind Russell

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast