Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: QB Member

QB Member

Last week we were visiting our daughter and family in Alabama and I met up with Bamamama. It was great meeting you and thank you for showing me the shops near you. We also enjoyed a nice lunch at a great little restaurant. My hubby didn't even mind taking me as long as food was involved!!! No really he is great about going to LQS. We stopped in TN and IN on our way home to MI at several stores. What a great network this QB is. Thanks again Deb it was fun. We could have gotten into lots of trouble as Deb was looking at some nice new machines. Go for it!! Thanks again.
    Sharon

Nice!! I've met two people from here now and they are both wonderful people! I think quilters in general are just nice people - so far all of them that I have met (from here, from my guild, or just out in fabric shops) have been really warm and friendly. Just like a quilt.

Me & my DH were talking the other night about something that happened at work and what someone thought of the other person involved. I said I had a hard time thinking that of her because she's a quilter. DH looked at me like I was crazy and asked me if I thought that just because someone was a quilter that it made them a nice person. I said no I don't suppose it does but for the most part everyone I've ever met that quilts is nice...it's kind of like being a nurse or a teacher...we just have a "giving/helping/nurturing" gene. I know there are always exceptions to everything but 9 times out of 10 it's true...just my experience.
    I am too blessed to be stressed and too anointed to be disappointed!

Blog Entries
    Diannia, Love your kitty
    I've met a few people from the board, and enjoyed each ones company.
    I communicate daily with a few members on the board, and consider them good friends. one i quilt with on tuesdays, and another who is about 60 miles from me, well, we get together when we can, but talk on the phone regularly and communicate daily. what a wonderful bunch of people quiters are.

glad you had a great visit.
    put off till tomorrow what you can do today, and if you procrastinate long enough, you may never have to do it.

Where in MI are you?

I'm in Romeo Mi. I've been to Jennifers Quilt shop in Pickney. It's a nice store. we should try to meet up sometime.
    Sharon

Quote Originally Posted by Grammie Sharon View Post
    Last week we were visiting our daughter and family in Alabama and I met up with Bamamama. It was great meeting you and thank you for showing me the shops near you. We also enjoyed a nice lunch at a great little restaurant. My hubby didn't even mind taking me as long as food was involved!!! No really he is great about going to LQS. We stopped in TN and IN on our way home to MI at several stores. What a great network this QB is. Thanks again Deb it was fun. We could have gotten into lots of trouble as Deb was looking at some nice new machines. Go for it!! Thanks again.
    Oooh, you passed through IN and MI? Wonder if you went by neck of the woods' just twelve miles south of the border. IN/MI border, that is!

Oh what fun! Glad you had a delightful day. Quilters are friendly all over!

We stopped over night on the way home in Shipshewana. I went to Lolly's while we were there. What a fantastic store.
    Sharon