Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Question for Brother PE-770 owners

Question for Brother PE-770 owners

Do any of you know if this machine has a basting function where you can baste around the edge of the hoop to help stabilize the fabric? I've looked all through the manual and can't find anything but I keep hearing that it has this function. I'm hoping some of the great people here on this board will have an answer.
    Margaret

"If the devil could dance in empty pockets, he'd have a ball in mine."

Life is a coin. You can spend it any way you wish but you can only spend it once.

I did a search and found this on Eileen's Machine Embroidery Blog. http://dzgns.com/blog/2012/07/whats-...r-bucket-list/

I didn’t think I had a basting stitch either on my Brother PE770, but one day was looking around & when I went to the built in “frames” I was to pick the frame & then a stitch for the frame. Low & behold there was a basting stitch, so I picked the rectangular one for my 5 x 7 & the square one for my 4 x 4 hoop & they worked just fine. Learning new things all the time about my machine.

Hope this helps. I had the BL Ellure Plus and it was great.
    Jo
    Happy Days!!! I am retired and have fabric and a sewing machine...what could be better than that?

Thanks for the info. This was exactly what I was looking for. I'll check it out on my machine. You would think they would put that in the manual.
    Margaret

"If the devil could dance in empty pockets, he'd have a ball in mine."

Life is a coin. You can spend it any way you wish but you can only spend it once.