Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Question for Brother PE770 Owners

Question for Brother PE770 Owners

I'm trying to create a quilt label using my emb. machine. Does anyone know how to get to a second line? I can't find anything in the manual about a return function to create line 2 or more. Any help would be appreciated. TIA.
    Margaret

"If the devil could dance in empty pockets, he'd have a ball in mine."

Life is a coin. You can spend it any way you wish but you can only spend it once.

Blog Entries
    I can't figure it out on that machine either. I just do one line at a time now.
    i'm hoping someone will know. i'll follow this thread and see.
    put off till tomorrow what you can do today, and if you procrastinate long enough, you may never have to do it.

Don't think there is a 'return' like on your computer, but with software you can put all the info separated, and save as one single design. There's a cheap program for doing this sort of thing if you use .pes format (the 770 does--your machine?)..it will create 4x4 and 5x7 designs. Just move your fonts one at a time and arrange as you like and save in your computer. Go to this Youtube site and watch the demo--it is only $11 or $12, I believe. But you cannot do anything but merge designs--no mirror imaging, no resizing, no re formatting. I have the program and use it sometime when I'm lazy, but also have the P E Design software where I can write with my keyboard. It's called CombineDesign...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LH-dE8t-Hf4

Thanks for the info. I'll check it out.
    Margaret

Life is a coin. You can spend it any way you wish but you can only spend it once.

Quote Originally Posted by MaggieLou View Post
    I'm trying to create a quilt label using my emb. machine. Does anyone know how to get to a second line? I can't find anything in the manual about a return function to create line 2 or more. Any help would be appreciated. TIA.
    Hi,

I have a different Brother machine. On it, after you setyour design, there is an add button. After you get a line of text done push that.

I had to ask this same question when I was doing my first label.

Go you have an edit or add to selection?
    Freedom to speak is a gift ;please don't take it from us..

If I move my first line up to the top and count spaces as I move it down I can get 4 lines in my 4x4 hoop

I am new to this board but I have a PE770. Did you receive any software with your machine? I did since I purchased it from a local dealer. However that software was very difficult to use and I quickly looked for other software. So I purchased Sew What Pro (after the demo version expired) online to merge lettering with designs. I would suggest that you download Sew What Pro free demo version. I would not use any of the built in fonts from Sew What Pro. There are a few inexpensive fonts on some etsy shops. You would also want to embroider the backing before assembling the quilt sandwich (i'm sure as an experienced quilter you know that). You can message me if you need some links to various websites. Good luck

QuilterKay, I don't see an add button other than the plus sign but that doesn't do anything but add the plus sign.

LittleOldMe, If there is an add or edit button I can't find it. Do you know where it might be?

Dr. B, I'll check them out. Thanks for the info. I didn't get any software with my machine except the PE Design demo and it won't let me save anything so it's basically worthless IMO.
    Margaret