Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Question for Professional and recreational Photographers >

Question for Professional and recreational Photographers

Question for Professional and recreational Photographers

Old 11-25-2010, 12:03 PM

Hi there I have a question for you. My daughter is going to buy for herself a digital camera she is looking at a semi professional something she can turn from hobby to work. I have a Nikon dsomething that she has been using but it is now not working. I figure if she buys it for herself she would be more apt to keep it new. She is an amazing photographer and has a good eye. Ok so my question sorry is what type of beginning camera would you recommend. She would like to stay around $500 range I am so proud of her for buying it herself so any and all advice is welcomed!
Old 11-25-2010, 12:10 PM

I have a Canon Powershot and I love it. My son has a Canon Rebel and it does even more than mine. We have taken some amazing shots with both cameras. I know the Rebel has other lens that you can switch things around and do more professional shots. I've had mine for about 6 years and I'm still learning all the things it will do.
Old 11-25-2010, 12:21 PM

My husband is a professional photographer. After reviewing several cameras, he and I chose the Canon Rebel T2i for me (not a professional) Its fantastic camera and I'm very happy with the pictures. At 18 megpix, you can zoom in when editing without losing any clarity. Its more that 500, but you should see a sale that would reduce the price. Make sure she gets a lense protector.
Old 11-26-2010, 09:07 PM

Thank you both for your recommendations I am so proud of my daughter she listend to your recommendations and she went to best buy today and asked a lot of questions and played with the camera and fell in love with the Canon Rebel T2i she said it is exactly what she wanted and it had a quick shutter speed (ok I finally was lost at that one :) Thank you again for posting your opinions!