Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Question for those hardcore fitness women

Question for those hardcore fitness women

I need a sports bra for intense workouts. It is so hard to find something that will hold everything VERY securely in place during an intense workout. I run, do crossfit and lift.

Any recommended brands for a woman who is say... 36D but slender...?

thanks for your help.

Power Poster
    ​No recommendation but applause! You go girl!

Don't know where you are in NJ, but in Paramus there is an Intimacy Bra Store where you could get a fitting and some options. Once you know your size and brands you can sometimes find them on line cheaper.
    Alyce

Check out Title 9 Sports online. It is a women's only active/sports clothing site run by women. They have a great bra selection with all different types of support.

Blog Entries
    My daughter has an unusual bra size (32 J). The only place I have found sports bras that fit her is Nordstroms. I cannot remember the brand name, but the staff were very helpful.

I make her regular daily bras, as I cannot afford to pay over $100.00 each for bras in her size (if I can find them).
    Attending University. I will graduate a year after my son and year before my daughter.

My daughter gets hers through Sports Authority, and tries to wait for them to be on sale. She is a 34D.

I forgot to mention - the brand is Nike and if they have them at Ross or Marshall's she will get them there too. Also, does buy them a size smaller - seems to support better.

I am a 36DD. NO Sports bra Will hold me "securely". But I buy good every day bras for the support that I can get. Wacoal is my go-to everyday bra. $60.00 range and worth every dime. I have not purchased a sports bra for some time so no ideas here. Most of them flattened me down but I suppose that is the point of them.

I also agree with checking out the "specialty" bra and lingerie shops that stock hard to fit/find sizes. My late aunt was a double F and she was able to get fitted at one of those shops. My moms' side of the family is "blessed" with ample boobs and I inherited that trait tho I have also kept my overall weight in check which they had not.

Also, Sports Authority, etc may be helpful. I think I bought Columbia brand when I did buy sports bras.

Sandy
    Last edited by Sandygirl; 03-05-2014 at 03:48 AM.
    Sandygirl

Janome 9900 / Janome 9700 / Janome 3160 QVC/ Janome 1100D serger, Juki 2020 Mini
    Singer Centennial model (inherited from my late, fav aunt!)

Thanks for the info!

The best, most supportive AND comfortable sports bras I have found are made by a company called Moving Comfort - they're pricey, but well worth it. I'm full figured, and they hold it all in place.
    I love the smell of Best Press in the morning!

Enell sports bras are really good. Costly but worth it.
    I'd rather be at the lake

Do one thing every day that scares you... Eleanor Roosevelt

I'm a 36C and use Moving Comfort Bras religiously. I then put another Champion Bra on top of it for extra stability and comfort. You can buy Moving Comfort at REI if you can't find them anywhere else--I usually grab Champions at TJ Maxx or Marshalls. I use underwire for the MC bra and non wire for the over bra.

After many years of running, this has been the very best option for me.

I really like sports bras for everyday (I'm not well endowed) but most of these either hook in the back or have no hook mechanism and are "over the head". Anyone have recommendations for a sports bra that opens in the front? I can't find any.

I can't stand anything tight or close fitting on my body. If after an hour I can feel my bra on, it goes in the trash. I can't tolerate the x shape in back most sports bras have. I wear two of the night bras, no seams, no closures, all in one over the head ones when I need extra support when I may have a bounce or two. That works great for me. Try wearing two of the sports bras you like.
    Last edited by Onebyone; 03-16-2014 at 08:57 AM.
    I believe giving what I can will never cause me to be in need.
    Being cheap is not a badge of honor.
    My heroes are working people, paying their own way, taking care of their children and being decent human beings.