Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Quilt Guilds in Leesburg, FL area >

Quilt Guilds in Leesburg, FL area

Quilt Guilds in Leesburg, FL area

Old 12-08-2017, 05:42 AM

Suggest she might check her local Extension Service Office (if they have one). Our county has one of the more active ones and we have a great agent who has classes on just about anything you want to do. Our quilt group has about six deaf members. Now we even have a deaf quilting club with members coming from a neighboring state and other nearby counties.
Old 12-10-2017, 04:28 AM

She should check out Missouri star quilt co. On you tube. Jenny does wonderful tutorials. There are lots of others on there also. Just search quilting tutorials on you tube.
Old 12-10-2017, 11:27 AM

I didn't think about utube but that's a good idea. I'll tell her about it. Thanks
Old 12-20-2017, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by Quiltbeagle View Post
The Quilting Sisters guild is down in Leesburg. Mount Dora may have something, at least they used to I think? Also, if she's a resident in The Villages she can join theirs (I tried to join but was not able to...you MUST be a resident of the Villages, not just live in Ocala), they have about 1,000 members (The Villages is a huge community located in four counties, and though they keep growing but I don't know if they encompass Leesburg yet). Belleview also has a guild that puts on a show every year, but that may be too north for her.
I belong to the Lake County Quilters Guild, which meets every Tuesday 10 am at Lake Receptions in Mt. Dora. Fabulous guild...I am so happy I joined about 3 years ago. We have national speakers, classes, workshops, show and tell, etc. We are having.............Bonnie Hunter!!.......in January! We love having new members. Tell her to check our website. Also, tell her to check out The Sewing Studio in Maitland.....what a place!
Old 12-21-2017, 06:48 AM

JanBach, thanks for the information. I wish I was going to be there in January to see Bonnie Hunter. I'm still trying to get my DH to move back to FL. I'm familiar with The Sewing Studio. I used to shop there when we lived in Casselberry. I took a QAYG class there.

Last edited by MaggieLou; 12-21-2017 at 06:50 AM.