Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Quilt Store, approx 30 mins from Euclid Ohio >

Quilt Store, approx 30 mins from Euclid Ohio

Quilt Store, approx 30 mins from Euclid Ohio

Old 02-02-2020, 05:49 PM

Default Quilt Store, approx 30 mins from Euclid Ohio

Hi hoping some ladies may be able to help me. I am in Australia & a few years ago when I visited family in VA, I was able to drive from VA to Ohio. Found a wonderful family run business approx 30mins from Euclid, Ohio. Unfortunately I have not kept the paperwork re the store's details & address. Plus as family in VA are very elderly, they don's go out much now & are unable to help me. I am on another visit this year to the US & would like to make contact with the store, that is if they are still in business. Have done a few searches for them, but they don't look familiar to me. Very small store, not on a main street with other stores around it, only had a few parking spots, had a fire going in the fireplace. They may have changes hands & then the name changed.....or they may have closed down completely.
Have looked at Quilt and Sew Forth, Jellens House Of Fabrics, Liberty Green & Quilten Thimnle & they have me kinda stumped.
Okay thanks heaps ladies
Old 02-02-2020, 06:48 PM

I live about 1 hour south and west of Euclid. I’m not familiar with the Euclid area. There may be other board members who live in the area and are familiar with the quilt shops around Euclid. You may find someone who knows exactly which shop you are looking for. However, if that isn’t the case, I’d be willing to do a field trip on your behalf. Keep it in mind as an option. I’m always looking for excuses to visit quilt shops.

edited to add: I could also make phone calls. Not many quilt shops have fireplaces. That may narrow it down a bit.

Last edited by Blueridgebeverly; 02-02-2020 at 06:50 PM.
Old 02-02-2020, 11:49 PM

This map might help you.

https://www.yellowpages.com/search-m...oh/quilt-shops

This store has been in business since 1954 in the same location & looks like there are only a few parking spaces in front of the shop. It looks like there is a chimney in the back of the store so it may have a working fireplace. Here's a picture of the building. It may look familiar to you. Maybe it's this one:
https://www.yellowpages.com/clevelan...654520#gallery
https://www.yellowpages.com/clevelan...20?lid=6654520

Good luck with your search.

Last edited by osewme; 02-02-2020 at 11:57 PM.
Old 02-03-2020, 06:19 PM

Try sending an email to "[email protected]" asking if there are any stores selling fabric in Euclid, OH. Hopefully, someone in the Chamber of Commerce for Euclid, Ohio will know and can reply to you.
Old 02-04-2020, 06:22 PM

Another thought. The Chamber of Commerce in Euclid, Ohio might know the name of any towns within 30 minutes of Euclid, Ohio.
Old 02-04-2020, 08:19 PM

I live in the area. You say the quilt shop is 30 minutes from Euclid. In which direction? That would be a real help. Bussey's Upholstery is not the store you are looking for. It is on a main street, has no fireplace and sells only upholstery itiems.
Old 02-21-2020, 06:58 PM

Gate's Mills is approximately 30 minutes from Euclid. There are a lot of quilt shops listed. It would help if we knew what the direction the quilt shop was from Euclid, Ohio.
Old 02-25-2020, 04:45 PM

Moogie, when you were visiting the relatives in VA, am I correct/accurate in thinking you were 30 minutes south of Euclid, OH when you found the quilt shop with a fireplace? If your answer is "yes", I look at the map for the state of Ohio and try to find the quilt shop. Just need some answers from you.