Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Quilters with kitties

Blog Entries
    We have been blessed with a stray cat coming to make his home with us. He is pure black and seem very healthy. We live in the country so he may have a job with keeping the mouse population under control. My Grandchildren are allergic so he will be an outdoors cat.
    I'd like to give him a neat name but I'm having a difficult time coming up with something cool that my husband will actually use.
    What would you call a cat that came to you in October? Names like Midnight, Ebony etc depict his color. Not sure that is what I really want. Our dog's name is Lexie but she was named by my youngest son. He had a little girl in is class named Lexie. Not too imaginative. Help me come up with something. I'm already tired of Darn cat

I have a fluffy black cat named BOO. His tail always reminds me of a halloween kitty. LOL, now that DD took her kitten with her, all three of my cats are pure black. The other two are just RuthieAnn and Bear.

We had a black cat named Pumpkin, a Mrs. Beasley, now I name my cats after flowers, I had Daisey and now Iris. How about Boo?

Shadow....because only the shadow know where he/she came from.

Blog Entries
    I had a black cat we named her Mindy. We also had her brother Mork. Yes, the names were taken form the TV Show that was popular at the time.

How about Boris, or Egor?

Blog Entries
    We name our male black cat, Tobias!

I have to give all my kittens different names as you can't use a name twice when you register tham and I ran out of names for a blabk cat so I call her blackyfornow.

2 of our house cats are black. the big male (15 lean pounds) is named Mike and the small(7 pounds) female monster is named Boo. We have a grey tabby (14 fluffy pounds) who is large also, his name is Sully. They are all names from the cartoon movie Monsters Inc.

Moonlight! Ya, I like Boo also! Or Hunter, since he can help with the mice population! Ya, Hunter....:)

My little black cat was named Trouble. She lived up to her name too.

What are your interests? Do you like older movies, etc.? that's a good place to start.

If I get another cat, I want to name it Pangur Ban after the poem. http://www.irishcultureandcustoms.co...PangurBan.html

I like Boo. Also Spooks. We have a cat with that name but she is anything but black!

I like Boo! We also have a new stray kitty that has called our place home. She is a dark multi in color. The kids named her autumn.

We once had a black cat named Noche. (night in Spanish)

Blog Entries
    The two I have now have people names. Emmy and Reggie. Had I been thinking I would have named them Brother and Singer. :lol:

I like Boo! But it would also be fun to go with a character from your favorite horror movie (i.e. Nosferatu, Freddy, Frankenstein, Igor, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by dlspeed1
    Moonlight! Ya, I like Boo also! Or Hunter, since he can help with the mice population! Ya, Hunter....:)
    I like Boo best and Hunter second.

As a teen growing up I had a cat named DC. It stood for darn cat on good days and I leave to your imagination what it stood for on bad days. :lol:

Other names... Well you could call him Ten for the 10th month of the year, Tober for October. The show Cats has great names like Mr. Mistofolees (the magical mystical cat). Doom because you hope he will spell doom for the mice. Mousetrap is a cute name for a cat, maybe you could call him trapper for short.

Almost all my cats have nicknames to go with their regular names. The nicknames are usually a manifestation of their regular name. DH is a great one for nicknaming them and they always seem to stick because I start calling them that too. My one cat Rhumba, only answers to his nickname Dumpa. And my wegie woolybear answers better to woozpooz.

How about Salem?

I think it kinda hard coming up with names that seem to fit the cat. Ours is named Mousers and Pedro, kids named them both.

I like the name boo. Seems short and easy to remember :)

Good luck naming your new kitty!

How about October, calling him Toby for short?

I have 2 black cats, one is spooky and the other is Dee. My black and white one, just showed up one day, i call her Allie, short for Alley Cat.

how about midnight

Frankie for Frankenstein was a good idea.....Pepper is cute. Congrats on your new furbaby :D

I had a long haired black cat that showed up on Halloween night. The mini series on the Jackson family happened to be on as well so I named the cat Jackson. He was an awesome kitty!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast