The Quilter's Muse

Old 03-27-2011, 11:35 AM

Do you have a Muse? I thought it would be fun to make our Muse.

A muse is someone or something, who has such an influence on another that he or she becomes the focus and inspiration for that person's creative work.

I was always inspired by the Renaissance Artists. My muse would be a very artsy doll, dog, pig, etc. A muse could also be a pin cushion, a doll pillow a small wall hanging or just about anything that you put our creative juices in. When you look at your muse, it should convey joy and pride in your accomplisment. It should inspire you to create more.

If you are not sure who your Muse would be, post the things you love here and we will give opinions and you can pick from the ideas we give you. I think it nice to have a muse to greet you as you enter your domain, lol.

You can also purchase ready made doll blanks (joanns) if you want it to be a doll and don't think you will make one. Then you can dress and adorn her to your imagination.

My Muse will have lots of crazy quilted fabric and beads etdc etc etc ...this is going to be fun for me. I might also make a pin muse to pin on my bag or dress.
Old 03-27-2011, 11:56 AM

I know my muse alredy it is Maxine some times I think she reads my mind! Now that's a scarry thought!LOL
Old 03-27-2011, 12:20 PM

I'm not really sure if this qualifies as a muse, but he has been with me in my sewing room since the mid 80's when I began to seriously quilt. I have Horton the Elephant sitting on his nest. My kids gave him to me for Christmas, because he had always been my favorite Dr. Seuss Book. Whenever I look at him, I think of all the sewing he witnessed over the years.
Old 03-29-2011, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by samifel
I'm not really sure if this qualifies as a muse, but he has been with me in my sewing room since the mid 80's when I began to seriously quilt. I have Horton the Elephant sitting on his nest. My kids gave him to me for Christmas, because he had always been my favorite Dr. Seuss Book. Whenever I look at him, I think of all the sewing he witnessed over the years.
Yep, he is your Muse lol.