Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Quilter's pain

Quote Originally Posted by quilt addict
    I just wanted to share as I have little that I can do to help. My quilting buddy's home was burgled yesterday. The neighbor saw their garage door open in the afternoon with no one home.

The good news is part of her sewing room had been moved to new retirement home in Colorado. The bad news is they cleaned out what she kept to be able to continue to sew until her actual retirement. This includes sewing machines and all her quilting supplies and knitting supplies also.

She is inventoring today to determine if any of her quilts or quilt collection is missing. That as well as all the personnal information they have to deal with on the identity theft problem.

So, I think I will try to gather a little sewing/knitting care package together for her to replace all those notions we take for granted that are always there. It is such an invasion and makes you feel terrible.

Thanks for letting me share my sadness with you.
    That is just awful!! I am so sorry to hear that!! :cry: :cry: :evil: :evil: :-( :thumbdown:

Blog Entries
    I am so sorry to hear about your friends misfortune, please post what she needs and I am sure that most of us here will be glad to help out where we can. but we need to know what she is missing, so post us a list ok. Grannyp70

Blog Entries
    I am so sorry to hear about your friends misfortune, please post what she needs and I am sure that most of us here will be glad to help out where we can. but we need to know what she is missing, so post us a list ok. Grannyp70

pm me an address as well, also can we list what we are sending so she doesn't end up with ten boxes of pins and nothing else? and favorite fabric types and colors of hers if we want to send a cheer me up type package?

Quilt Addict,

PM me and I ill be glad to send replacment tools to a fellow Southern Californian.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by beachlady
    Quilting supplies and sewing machines? Seems to be odd things to take. Very good idea about watching Craig's list and even Ebay. Hope she finds her quilts all safe.
    That was my thought too. I've never heard of anyone taking that kind of things. I would think they would be more into TV, Jewelry, etc. Sorry that happened.

How awful - I'm so sorry to hear this.

Blog Entries
    PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT COLORS SHE LIKES, I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO SEND SOMETHING. I HAVE A LOT OF FABRIC AND KNITTING YARN

Blog Entries
    PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT COLORS SHE LIKES, I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO SEND SOMETHING. I HAVE A LOT OF FABRIC AND KNITTING YARN

Hi,
    My name is Yaya, I have plenty of everything. Please let me know what the lady needs and if I have it, I will send it. I am one step behind her! Take care, Yaya

Blog Entries
    MY ADDRESS IS: please send a pm

Please let me know some of the things she needs. I have duplicates of a lot of things. Also send her address. Will she want things mailed to her home here or Colorado if she is moving.

Lisa,

Please include me - I have just about everything and fabric in every color there is and if she needs something I don't have I will go get it. Hopefully you can provide the list of what she wants/needs and coordinate who is providing what so she gets a variety of everything and not just tons of a couple things. Hate to see things like this happen yet it gives you such a good feeling when everyone comes together to try to help someone they don't even know yet they know how they must feel because of the bond we share.
    Should everything be sent to you or to her and at what address?????

Dee
    How do people look into a mirror and feel good inside? What is wrong with people now days? Gone are the days you could leave your house and never lock it or put bars on the windows.

I would like to help her out I have been working on cleaning out my stach and was going to take it to good will. Let me know what she needs.pm me

Make sure to check local swap meets, and some of the not so larger ones, once found lots of stolen items from a retail store at one.... pitiful sad, w/no consience. just tidied up today and found 5 tape measures ??? know have extra fabs.
    PM me to where to send it. Best of luck to your friend, and shes a luck lady to have a friend like you !! :)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mygirl66
    I would like to help you put something together for her, to replace what was taken, even if it is just a little something. Please PM me your addy, and I will ship something out for you to give her. COME ON GUYS, WHOS WITH ME?
    So sorry to hear about her misfortune. What a horrifying experience. Prayers to your friend. Count me in to send something, PM me of where to mail it.

I had my engagement ring stolen we were living in a caravan at the time, at first I thought the kids had played with it and lost it but years later, our neighbours wife told me he had stolen it for beer money, that was 35 years ago and hubby has only just bought me a new ring.
    it is devastating knowing someone has been thru your things I feel for her

Power Poster
    That is so sad. I hope she had pictures, insurance and a good eye to see if her stuff would be sold either locally, on ebay or craigs list.

Blog Entries
    I to have a story. Ten years ago I graciously allowed someone to stay a couple of weeks in my home because she had no place to live so she said. After she left my grandmothers crazy quilt that she had hand pieced out of silk material and my mother had hand embroidered and placed names and dates of each of my grand mothers children and birthdays, and I had had it quilted, turned up missing. I was, and am devastated. It can't be replace. I had intended to hand it down to my oldest son. It's now lost to us forever.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I am so sorry, hopefully the insurance will pay for all her Items. God bless.

Gosh, that is so awful. Not something I would think people would steal, but I guess they take anything!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you to everyone for their thoughts and ideas. I am sorry but staying at my Mom's so have little access to computer.

When I get home this weekend, I hope to be able to put a basket together with all the generous offers you have made and sent. I apologize if I missed someone but have tried to PM everyone that requested.

I know she will appreciate the thoughts from around the quilting community.

Bev
    Quote Originally Posted by beachlady
    Quilting supplies and sewing machines? Seems to be odd things to take. Very good idea about watching Craig's list and even Ebay. Hope she finds her quilts all safe.

Wanted to give you all an update. I wanted to thank those that sent things for her. I made a big gift basket with those items and some from her local quilting friends. One even donated a machine that she was given. So it is truely and paying it forward event.

Susan from MI, thank you for the knitting needles. Helen from NY, I went to Joanns with 40% off and got some nice scissors.

This board and all of you are so great.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast