Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Quilter's Parrot

Quilter's Parrot

I actually have a parrot, so I guess I'd better be careful! LOL!

Donna
    Attached Images Attached Images
    DonnaFreak

"Some days it's just not worth it to chew through the leather straps."

Too funny, Donna
    Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)
    “If you can’t see a mistake from 12 feet away, it doesn’t exist, and there are no perfect quilts and that helps a lot,” .......Greg Biornstad

parrots

I have a talking African Grey but she is usually not in my sewing room. She learns enough down stairs from the dog and the kids.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Anna Quilts

I have a female cockatiel, only squaws. She is in the dining room.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

I have to laugh.. I was on the phone with someone, and I didn't know she had a parrot.. All I could hear in the back ground was barking. I told the person that I had to get off, as I thought her dog had to go out.. She mentioned that she didn't have a dog, but a parrot that watches the animal planet..

That cartoon is Funny!! My daughter in south TX has 2 parrots, they built them a covered house in the back yard, they talk up a storm most that can't be repeated here. They say very loud "Here comes the cops....watch out here comes the cops." Needless to say the neighbors got used to that pretty fast and get a kick out of them. Then the one says "where's your mother" over and over. They are quite Funny to listen to.
    Got-to Love those Dachshunds!!!!!

Quilters STITCH Together!!

And you guys said the D in DSM stood for "domestic"! lol

What a classic.

Really funny!!!

love it!!!

I can relate for I have 2 Greys that are in my sewing room. They have real big ears and like to spread the words they may occasionally hear. The worst part is they then sound just like me, so there is no denying who they heard it from.

Blog Entries
    so cute! and a lot of fun!

My African Gray has a new bark, while I was gone for a few days my husband taught Tiber a DEEP bark, when I returned and was alone in the house, Tiber started barking the new bark and I thought a strange dog was in our back yard. Walked out to the bird room and realized it was the bird. What a crazy bird!!

Hmmm my parrot barks more then the dog. The parrot also sets the alarm when there is some one at the door. when I get up in the morning and no one else is awake she talks up a storm. she say things like," good morning mama!" "What are you doing mama?" "Water!" when I run the water. Then she does obnoxious burbs and says,"Excuse me." she also has a whole routine of doggie training going on," Sit, Fetch, Potty, etc." Now if she could just take the dog for a walk.
    Anna Quilts

Blog Entries
    We have 2 parrots. Fortunately they are not in my sewing room with me very often.

When I was active in a yacht club out of Marina Del Rey, CA in my younger years, one of the members had a parrot, the green type with a yellow patch on the top of the head. It could sing the first few lines of "I've been working on the railroad". One afternoon, we were over at Catalina in Cat Harbor (naturally enclosed harbor) and the tide had gone out so a few sailboats started to list since the keel of the boat had hit the bottom of the harbor. We could hear the parrot screech "HARD ALEE"!! Can't ever remember laughing so hard !! Owners went to check on him and he was OK in his cage which was still secure.
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort