Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ♥ Raining in central Indiana, USA

Blog Entries

♥ Raining in central Indiana, USA

Hi Everyone,

We got 2 inches of rain today in central Indiana.

Karen, Craftybear
    ♥ Craftybear♥ Google Goddess Surfing Queen of Links ♥
    http://quiltingforbeginners.blogspot.com/
    http://quiltinglibraryworldwide.blogspot.com/

WE got rain this morning, too...too bad it came so fast. It didn't have a chance to soak in. We are supposed to get more all week...YEAH!
    Tink's Mom (My name is really Susie)

Power Poster
    ​Congratulations on the welcome rain news! The drought has been bad this year in the central US. Just watched Brian Williams report on how low the water levels are in the "not so mighty Mississippi" right now.

Our weatherman is saying a substantial rain Wednesday night and Thursday. I don't think I have mowed the lawn in over four weeks. Guess it is bad all over.
    Marilyn

I'm happy for you. So. Ea. In. didn't get any.

We also had rain today! That makes 4" since Saturday past and I'd be glad for more, the grass hasn't been green since spring.
    jillnjo

Us, too! I think we got about 1.5", which is good but not nearly enough. They aren't kidding about the Mississippi River. I live by it & it's pitiful!
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

Yea! Send some of it our way! We got about a weeks' worth of really good rains about a week after our fire and the grass was green for the first time this summer (even though we had been watering twice a day). We haven't had any rain now in about a week and a half, and the grass is dying again.
    ​Krysti

congrats! Rain is such a relief -- we can sympathize as last summer we had the drought and the fires in our general area
    diane

I don't remember when our last substansial rainfall was, know it has been a really long time. Last summer was hot and dry also. We have a 45 year or older mighty oak tree that is dying. All my bushes are dried up, they were last year also, look for all of them to be finished off this year. I think it would take several weeks or a month of low steady rain to do any good here. St, Louis has had more rain than we have. We are about 30 miles South of St.Louis. I am starting to worry about the wildlife around here not having water to drink. I have a birdbath and the birds just flock to it.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Please blow some of that rain my way ... Missouri and Kansas .... we could really use it!
    Make it a scrappy happy day!

We haven't had any here in Parke County, Indiana in months.

Central Michigan is hoping for some today, tonight and tomorrow.

Super Member Lisa_wanna_b_quilter's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jingle View Post
    I don't remember when our last substansial rainfall was, know it has been a really long time. Last summer was hot and dry also. We have a 45 year or older mighty oak tree that is dying. All my bushes are dried up, they were last year also, look for all of them to be finished off this year. I think it would take several weeks or a month of low steady rain to do any good here. St, Louis has had more rain than we have. We are about 30 miles South of St.Louis. I am starting to worry about the wildlife around here not having water to drink. I have a birdbath and the birds just flock to it.
    We are about 45 miles north of St. Louis in IL and are in the same boat. It seems to rain all around us. The city has shut off water to our coal mine in an effort to have water for the houses. If there is no rain in the near future, the mine will have to start laying people off because their back up pond will be empty.

Hope you contintue to get it in reasonable amounts so it can soak in and do some good!
    "Only those who know enough is enough can ever have enough." Lao Tzu

Western Hamilton County did not get the rain you did Karen, praying for rain tonight and tomorrow.
    Julie

The forecast for our area at 10P.M. last night was for rain after mid-night, some areas up to 3" and a high of 85 drgrees We had no rain and it`s 92 degrees, But there is always to morrow. Every thing but the lawn still has some green in it, and it`s no where near 1988, so we can wait a little longer. We have a wedding Friday and hubby is suppose to take the bride & groom for a ride in our open buggy & horse. I water my garden a little so that`t O.K. for now.

It's supposed to be heading our way, but so far nothing. Glad you did get some though

Woo Hoo! I love rainy weather!
    If a woman's work is never done....why start?

We finally had some rain in the early hours of Thursday morning. Not a puddle in sight but the ground is moist. This is the first rain we have had since May outsides of Knob Noster. Some places have had spinkles but not us. YEA and it has cooled off. Back to the 100's by Sunday. At least a couple of cooler days (only 90's)

Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!
    woohoooo... good for you & the crops . .hope it helps !! none for us in Western Colorado unless you iive in the mountains .. LOL
    When Life brings big winds of change that almost blows you over.Hang on tight and Believe.
    Words and hearts should be handled with care-for words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair. Author unknown to me
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right; for you'll be criticized anyway-Eleanor Roosevelt

No rain down here Karen. Yesterday on my way to Bloomington there was a few drops on my windshield...but it could have been someone ahead of me spitting...LOL My girlfriend called last week to tell me that it rained so hard at her house she had a PUDDLE! It tickled me that we were so excited over a puddle...funny how your opinion changes. A few years ago we had a horrible flood and we compained, now that we get nothing... we complain....hmmm

The bad weather is heading my way in New York State. They say we may have severe thunderstorms with hail and possible tornado warnings later on today. I sure hope not!!
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place. We are nearing closer to the End Times.

Blog Entries
    We have gotten the first rain here in the middle. Probably not enough to make the crunchy grass go away. Done have to water today. Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We were so excited when the storm came through last night. However, we mostly got wind, thunder and lightenin and very little rain. We are so dry here. Most of the corn crops will not make it through this drought.
    A bed without a quilt is like the sky without stars!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast