RAK Thank You!

Old 06-05-2012, 08:40 AM
Banned

Oh Mary I am so sorry to hear that your SIL is not getting her treatment
yet, it breaks my heart to hear this.

You and your family will be in my special thoughts.

MANY HUGS my friend.
Old 06-05-2012, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by Havplenty View Post
i must admit this now, that i am a craigslist(cl) newbie. now i have sold items on cl for several years now and i bought all 5 five of my vintage singers off cl along with fabric scores. i often check on cl for sewing machines and fabric essentially.

well one day while i was seaching for fabric, i saw a listing for ethnic fabric & clothing (india) free for the giving. i just LOVE ethnic fabrics for their very colorful and patterned nature. but i was a day late and some ethnic fabric short. i lost my chance to get some fabrics from india. so i checked the listing once more and noted that is was listed under free stuff.

here is my cl newbie-ness, of all the times i have checked on craigslist i never once looked at the free stuff. wow! i went out there to look this past weekend and what a surprise of all the things that people were giving away: whole living room sets, a perfect piano, bookcases, container store containers, free stuffing, free batting, free garden rocks, free office chairs and desks, free yard/estate sale unsold stuff and the list goes on.

it's like a whole new subculture. who knew this was going on because i certainly didn't. i got 2 perfectly good white container store storage units (1 with a mirror) because that was all i could stuff in the back seat of my car, hoping all the time that they didn't cut into my leather seats. i really want that piano (i play) but just do not have anywhere to store it. and the bookcases, oh the bookcases. and today there is a rocking chair that is in a baby's room that i want (i luv rocking chairs too) free for the taking. no room though. the stuffing i will get to use for my donation pet beds because i was just given a box full of corduroy pieces. i am still trying to find where i saw the batting posting. i want that also. the woman who gave me the corduroy pieces said they just got rolls and rolls of 1/2" batting from an upholstery company free so i'm trying to see who listed the batting for free recently.

while i never knew about this free thing, as i was putting the container store units in my car, i saw a guy relaxing in his yard and i asked him did he want a wicker chair i had. my chair was much larger and made for relaxing outside. it had been relegated to my basement and it never occured to me to set it outside for the taking. so he walked down to my apartment and picked the chair up. i see it sitting under a tree in his yard, just where it should be. now i get it how people are setting things outside free for the taking. we just want it gone.

p.s. if i see a free bookcase that is much larger than one of mine, i will be getting it and setting mine outside free for the taking. i will keep watch.
The only thing that's on the free list here is dogs and cats.
Old 06-07-2012, 08:03 AM

tried to mail out a RAK yesterday and the post office put it on the scale and said it would be over 8.00. Told them I would switch it to a flat rate; so will go out today....someone in NV be on the lookout
Old 06-07-2012, 08:08 AM

Ok I have seen post on here of people wandering about what to do with small scraps. Well, I have an answer and request. I am a preschool teacher and would love to have them for the kids to use for their collages TIA and thanks for reading.
Old 06-07-2012, 08:16 AM
Banned

Deb how small is TOO small?

I have strings that are LESS than 1/2" that I have been tossing
in the trash (because I didn't know of another use).

Originally Posted by tedytrser View Post
Ok I have seen post on here of people wandering about what to do with small scraps. Well, I have an answer and request. I am a preschool teacher and would love to have them for the kids to use for their collages TIA and thanks for reading.
Old 06-07-2012, 08:20 AM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by brenda21 View Post
tried to mail out a RAK yesterday and the post office put it on the scale and said it would be over 8.00. Told them I would switch it to a flat rate; so will go out today....someone in NV be on the lookout
Brenda, Brenda, Brenda. Go immediately to USPS.com. Open an account. You can pay with a debit card or credit card. You not only get a discount but more importantly ... you can order the PADDED flat rate envelopes for free! You can only get 15 at a time, but they are GREAT.
Old 06-07-2012, 08:20 AM
Swap Hosts

Did anyone in nevada open their mail yesterday????
Old 06-07-2012, 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by tedytrser View Post
ok i will gather some together and get them to you. thanks i really hated throwing them away but.....
Old 06-07-2012, 08:42 AM

K~I have the account and usually use it and print off my own but I had a huge box going out that had to go to post office so I just took everything....I do need to get those padded envelopes though....
Old 06-07-2012, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by Quilty-Louise View Post
Deb how small is TOO small?

I have strings that are LESS than 1/2" that I have been tossing
in the trash (because I didn't know of another use).
Any size!!!!!