RAK Thank You!

Old 06-16-2012, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
Anyone want a bobbin winder?
I had one and it broke they are a real pain as far as I am concerned......
Old 06-17-2012, 05:45 AM

They are buckles. You can use them on aprons.
Old 06-17-2012, 06:38 AM

I am declaring that "Nice RAK" is a complimentary thing to say on this thread, whether you are a male or female quilter.

Its fun to turn the tables on rudeness. Mary

Originally Posted by mscupid804 View Post
I've thought the same thing too ladies, that's why I've never said to anyone on here, "Nice RAK."
Old 06-17-2012, 06:42 AM

Krystina, I love your shiny whatnots! They would be cute embellishments on purses or crazy quilts DQs.

Hope everyone is doing well on this beautiful Sunday. mary
Old 06-17-2012, 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by hoppa View Post
They are buckles. You can use them on aprons.
they look like some sort of buckle to me also. perhaps you can send one along when mailing your scarfs.

sharonanne that shoe crystal deco idea sounds fab to me!!!!!!! i have one dress pair of black shoes that have crystals on them, simply buu-ti-ful!
Old 06-17-2012, 08:15 AM
Swap Hosts

Hoppa, that's what I thought originally. Actually, now that I recall, she had some belt buckles that were hand cast. Here's the thing, there is no ... don't know what you call the thing that goes through the hole ... tail? And there's no cross bar, if you know what I mean. I did pick up some wire that vaguely matches ... which I also found in the box ... and recall that I had plans for my husband to snip and solder. I guess he didn't think that was a great plan because the wire is still in the box.

On a related note, I ordered a bunch of hot fix crystals on eBay yesterday with the thought of putting some on scarves and mini quilts. Getting blinged out in my old age!
Old 06-18-2012, 06:01 AM

There is nothing wrong with gteting blinged out as we have a few friends who love bling and are
not afraid of age. As artists you do not have to have things match as that is the problem we run into so that is why we beling to an art quilt group too.

Hoppa, that's what I thought originally. Actually, now that I recall, she had some belt buckles that were hand cast. Here's the thing, there is no ... don't know what you call the thing that goes through the hole ... tail? And there's no cross bar, if you know what I mean. I did pick up some wire that vaguely matches ... which I also found in the box ... and recall that I had plans for my husband to snip and solder. I guess he didn't think that was a great plan because the wire is still in the box.

On a related note, I ordered a bunch of hot fix crystals on eBay yesterday with the thought of putting some on scarves and mini quilts. Getting blinged out in my old age!
Old 06-18-2012, 09:09 AM

Anyone want a bobbin winder?
Do u still have it?? Mine broke and I sew loved it but really hate to buy another one right now. Thanks!
Dr. said today about 50% better!!
Old 06-18-2012, 10:11 PM

Hey there Hoppa - I love bling. And I love aging (it certainly beats the alternative, don't you agree?).
Old 06-18-2012, 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by Havplenty View Post
they look like some sort of buckle to me also. perhaps you can send one along when mailing your scarfs.

sharonanne that shoe crystal deco idea sounds fab to me!!!!!!! i have one dress pair of black shoes that have crystals on them, simply buu-ti-ful!
Here's kind of what I mean by adding crystals to plain shoes (although the photo I found yesterday was better). I'd even add them to sneakers or hats or anything you want to bling.
Attached Thumbnails stilettos-swarovski.jpg