Re Bath...anyone ever use?

Old 09-17-2013, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by IBQUILTIN View Post
Check with Angie's List
You have to pay to get on Angie's List. Might be worth it when we get closer to making a decision. Good idea. Thanks
sandy
Old 09-18-2013, 01:16 AM

We had a place called Mr. Tub or some such name. We had replaced our old heavy gauge tub with a lighter and cheaper model. While installing our new tile a large chip was knocked off the tub. So called Mr. Tub. He applied the new coating. Looked good for a bit. Then because new tub was cheap and thin it started to rust from underneath. Tried to call Mr. Tub to come and refinish again. He was out of business and the 1 year guarantee wasn't any good. Don't think it would have covered the rust damage. But sure would have make tub look better. And maybe last longer. The refinished coating also chipped even easier than the original finish. So lesson is, doesn't matter if they've been in business a long while - is it a "national" chain that you could call if your particular service man went out of business. At least in my opinion.
Old 09-18-2013, 07:31 AM

I've enjoyed reading your responses as we have been considering that option. But just can't decide.
Old 09-18-2013, 08:23 AM

We redid the bathroom in an apartment in our basement about 4 years ago. We used a local contractor who had 7 years before added onto our kitchen and a walk-in closet to our part of the house (2nd floor from the back, 1st floor from the front - we are on a hill). We've been very satisfied with Koko's work on both jobs. He had to redo the bathroom wall so a tub would fit, and all was done very professionally. Glad to have a professional contractor we can trust.
Old 09-18-2013, 12:48 PM

Re-bath redid our main bathroom just before last Christmas. They took out the old tub and all the tile off the walls before adding the new product. They did cover the one window that was in there but it just looks like a shade drawn from the outside. They also put in a new countertop and sink fixtures along with a light/heater/fan unit. We were pleased with the work they did--it wasn't cheap but they were in and out in 2-3 days. They also replaced the vinyl floor and painted the ceiling after installing the light/heater/fan unit. The only problem we had was when the electrician (from another company) stuck his foot thru our livingroom ceiling. That particular company did repair our ceiling at no cost to us. I do believe there is a lifetime guarantee.
Old 09-18-2013, 12:55 PM

I am not sure what Rebath is, but many years ago while raising kids and had house and car payments, we had our shower surround sprayed by California Bath Co. in Orange County, CA. It lasted us 20 years, we did have it sprayed again before we sold the house, I thought it worked very well, and the cost was super, I think we paid around $150 (20 years ago)
Old 09-18-2013, 04:22 PM

I have no experience with Re Bath, but Bath Fitters did an excellent job for us. After 6 years the tub and shower still look new. Would do it again without hesitation.
Old 09-19-2013, 04:38 AM

Originally Posted by Clueless Quilter View Post
I have no experience with Re Bath, but Bath Fitters did an excellent job for us. After 6 years the tub and shower still look new. Would do it again without hesitation.
Good to know!
Thanks

sandy