Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Ready to run away to my little cabin! >

Ready to run away to my little cabin!

Ready to run away to my little cabin!

Old 06-28-2010, 08:19 AM

believe it or not its not the younger kids that give me grief....its the oldest one! She's 21 for pete's sake and acts like she's 2 when it comes to picking up behind herself. She did get her takeout trash up this morning before she left BUT her pocketbook still sits here......hope she doesn't get stopped or need gas!
Old 06-28-2010, 09:27 AM
Power Poster

My youngest cleans up after herself but the oldest is a pain. I just started throwing all the stuff on her bed. I'm not putting it away.
Old 06-28-2010, 09:34 AM

My hubby is the worst. He will put dirty clothes outside the laundry bin if they make it that far. He grew up with 5 other siblings, very small house, and no place to put anything and he has never learned. I have tried and tried. The only time he was neat was in the AF because he had to be. His garage is a mess. He cleans up and starts all over again--any flat place! And the thing I hate the worst is letting food leavings dry on the plate. At least get it to the trash and water in the sink if not the dishwasher. Nope. Won't learn. No chance of it after 45 years of wedded bliss--ha ha!
Old 06-28-2010, 10:02 AM

I retired two Junes ago and I told my husband then that I was not about to retire from 30 years of teaching and become his maid, but I am sad to report that that is exactly what has happened... and believe me I am not cut out to be a maid.

I HATE housework, but I also hate the clutter and mess so since I am here day in day out I am the cleaner, tidier, cook,laundry person and dish washer. To be fair, my husband has a very demanding job where he works a lot of overtime and also runs a part-time business in his "spare" time, but he does nothing! Not even does he put his plate in the dishwasher.

What REALLY bugs me is on the weekend, whatever he is doing, I have to be there "supporting him" whether it be gardening, mowing the lawn or sitting in the hot tub. AND then after all weekend I have two days of housework to catch up on.... VENT!!!

I had a real bad melt down three or four weeks ago on a Saturday morning and he promised to be a little better about picking up after himself. I think it lasted until Wednesday and then it went back to socks under the recliner, wine glasses on the coffee table, laundry NEXT to the hamper.... Not sure I can take much more of this to be truthful. I am seriously considering going on strike and leaving his clothes where it is, his dishes will remain unwashed and we'll see how long it goes before he starts to see that it is unfair to expect me to do everything.

My son is here now and then we go on vacation for three weeks. Come August 1st we will be having a pow-wow. Either he changes his ways or I hire a housekeeper and it will come from his "Fun Money" fund!!
Old 06-28-2010, 10:09 AM
Pam

YAY!! Rebel!! Mine wants me to run to bring him a towel while he is in the shower. The cabinet is NEXT to the tub for crying out loud. Told him to get it himself and he kept yelling for a towel. That was 3 weeks ago and he gets his own now. LOL
Old 06-28-2010, 10:26 AM

DH is a sweetheart but spoiled too. His blanket lays on the floor when he goes to bed, I fold it. His laundry lays right beside the basket, leaves the lights on and tv when he goes to bed. I follow him around and pick up. After all I was walking by there to begin with. But....every once in a while I have had it...I pick things up, take them to his desk anmd dump it on there. When he sees it he puts it away. WOn't say anything to me though. He knows I can go from 0 to 60 in 5 seconds. LOL. He says I lay things around, and I do...but I pick them up myself when I want to. LOL. OH if it weren't for the men in our lives.
Old 06-28-2010, 12:20 PM

Boy am I spoiled! My DH retired in 1986. I just retired last June. When I was working he did all the house chores. Cleaning, cooking, shopping and laundry, etc. Our kids were grown and gone so it was just us two. I'd come home from work and he'd hand me my glass of wine and say "Have a seat. Dinner is almost ready."

I took the laundry back because I have a lot of special handling items. I also took the shopping back because he hates it and I love it. He just makes the list.

Now that we're both retired we work together. I mow, he edges and I cook and he cleans up. We make the beds together and one vacuums and one dusts.

Like I said...I'm spoiled!