Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Ready to surrender

I just got back from a couple of days in Gulf Shores, Al. Took my 11 yo grandson and his friend down for a little vacation. I spend 4 hours driving down, then about 3 hours playing with them in the Gulf jumping the waves, then we went in the pool, after dinner we went souvenir shopping. Back at the condo, I passed out, they were still going strong. The next day we spend 8 hours at the water park going down the slides. Then we took our flashlights down to the beach, walked and walked while they chased sand crabs. Later, once again I passed out and they were up half the night watching movies. Today we went to the Pensacola Naval Air Museum for about 3 hours, went to lunch, then made the 4 hour drive home. NOW, I need a vacation! Had a great time but I can't remember the last time I have been this tired. I admit I am getting a little too old to keep up with the kids.

Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    LOL! Oh, Honey, I'm feeling your pain. :D :D

Jan in VA

Just be glad you are able to do so much with them. Now sleep for a month and you will be just fine..lol.

Kat

Your grandson will always remember these special times you spend with him. Keep making memories!

What a great grandma!! Oh, the memories you have made:-)

i agree. my niece and nephew wear me out. :D

Blog Entries
    glad you took them, they will remember that trip for a long long time, now you are back home you can rest and be on your vacation!

It was all that driving you did. ;)

I understand that need for a vacation after vacation.
    You need to rest up to get back to quilting!

What a wonderful grandma you are!! I look forward to being able to take the grandkids on a "trip" with me!!!

But the kids had fun, and will remember the time you spent with them!

Blog Entries
    Wow girl! There's no way I could do all that! I'm so glad u made memories for them! And you! I'm amazed by you!!

What we do for our grandkids. LOL

Blog Entries
    They'll remember it forever. Your reward will be when they discuss it as adults. We just love those those grand kids, don't we?

Quote Originally Posted by ontheriver
    I just got back from a couple of days in Gulf Shores, Al. Took my 11 yo grandson and his friend down for a little vacation. I spend 4 hours driving down, then about 3 hours playing with them in the Gulf jumping the waves, then we went in the pool, after dinner we went souvenir shopping. Back at the condo, I passed out, they were still going strong. The next day we spend 8 hours at the water park going down the slides. Then we took our flashlights down to the beach, walked and walked while they chased sand crabs. Later, once again I passed out and they were up half the night watching movies. Today we went to the Pensacola Naval Air Museum for about 3 hours, went to lunch, then made the 4 hour drive home. NOW, I need a vacation! Had a great time but I can't remember the last time I have been this tired. I admit I am getting a little too old to keep up with the kids.
    that's why god gave us our kids when we were young!!!!!!!!!
    dar :)

They will remember the memories.

That is why God in his infinite wisdom made young people the parents of small children. At least you could give them back.

Quote Originally Posted by KwiltyKahy
    That is why God in his infinite wisdom made young people the parents of small children. At least you could give them back.
    With 6 of the grandkids yes, I give them back, but this one is mine. I've had custody of him since he was about 8 months old. But the friend I did give back.