Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Rearranged my sewing room and upset some birds. >

Rearranged my sewing room and upset some birds.

Rearranged my sewing room and upset some birds.

Old 04-25-2012, 12:18 PM

The only problem I have when I rearrange is my cat - - - she comes in, stands very much in the middle of things (almost as though she had her paws on her hips) - - - and just where am I supposed to sit now?!?

Mary
Old 04-25-2012, 01:47 PM

be careful using film on your window. if it reflects what is outside the birds will think it is an intruder and hit the window trying to chase them. I have robins who fight my windows so much I have to lower the bamboo shades we have on the outside as it is on the west side and in summer the sun is intense.
Old 04-25-2012, 03:03 PM

We have a Robin on my garden fence, there is place that is 8 feet high, where I have 6, 6" flower pots hanging. I made
friends with her 3 years ago when a big black bird pulled her nest out of the flower pot. Did she ever make a racket. I put my hands in dirt, and put the nest back, and I found 1 baby bird and put that in there too. I was told that would not work, but it did, and I was working in the garden when it learned to fly. She comes back every year, and always takes a different
pot. Try making friends with the birds, put out food and water, and walk out there every day.
Old 04-26-2012, 04:02 AM

I wish I could get rid of my Eastern Flycatcher. He scares off all the other birds in the area. This year, the Goldfinches and woodpeckers and Titmice and Chickadees were all here before he arrived, so he can't intimidate them, but a darling little house wren came along and tried to rent the wren house and he dive bonbed her for three days and she finally gave up and left. Wouldn't even be so bad if he went after wasps, which also think they own the place, but no, he wants no part of them.