Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Regarding complaints about the 'new' board

Recently, there have been complaints about ads at the top of pages, slow downloads, etc., on the message board. These boards are free to us, and don't the ads help keep them that way? I've not experienced any of the myriad of problems being mentioned, so maybe I'm just lucky--but lets try to be more appreciative of a wonderful service we're receiving--for FREE. rusty

Patrice J has stated if folks are having problems to please contact:

[email protected]

I'm sure the admins want the board to run smoothly for it's members...REGARDLESS of if we enjoy it for free or not. Ads make revenue, and the more I visit QB the more likely I'm going to see these ads, the more likely I will CLICK said ads.

Blog Entries
    Just sit back enjoy your coffee or tea read all the FREE info and talk to friends . Its a Beautiful Day lets keep it that away. Let the sunshine in.

Blog Entries
    I don't mind the ads but Monday I was viewing major home improvement stores for inside window shutters. Guess what ads showed up on my Quilting board viewing within an hour. Of course I was using another , separate page on my browser. How did the Quilting Board know I was looking at shutters?

Quote Originally Posted by quilter68
    I don't mind the ads but Monday I was viewing major home improvement stores for inside window shutters. Guess what ads showed up on my Quilting board viewing within an hour. Of course I was using another , separate page on my browser. How did the Quilting Board know I was looking at shutters?
    It is not the Board, but rather Google, who knows where you have been surfing!

All of your sentiments echo mine-I'm so greatful to have this free resource, I would have no reason to complain if it is slower than it used to be. You can always do something else while waiting for a post to load! (I check email, or shop online) I want the administrators to know that I'm grateful!

Quote Originally Posted by quilter68
    I have noticed that the adds often relate to a word in the post ie: window it will often have an add about window treatments or something like that. I don't think the adds are the same for everyone it depends on what they pick up in your post

The problems for me were largely resolved after I cleared the history. though for several days after that I had a problem at 9 am with freezing up that was just a mystery!
    all seems OK now and I am grateful for the board!

I don't mind the ads so much,,,, except the ads are so huge.I have to scroll over half a pageor more to get to the good reading stuff.....Do the ads need to be so tall (4-8 inches)and narrow??(1 inch" )Things will get worked.... Anything , something new goes into place, there are delays and glitches....I love this board... ads or not.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rustqlts
    ...Lets try to be more appreciative of a wonderful service we're receiving--for FREE. rusty
    Amen. I can't think of anywhere on the internet where you can get this high of a quality of service where you aren't forced to watch a 30 second info-mercial with each mouse click. Unless they are going to start charging us all $25.00 per year to subscribe, we all need to count our blessings and complain a little less. :)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Johanna Fritz
    ...Lets try to be more appreciative of a wonderful service we're receiving--for FREE. rusty
    Amen. I can't think of anywhere on the internet where you can get this high of a quality of service where you aren't forced to watch a 30 second info-mercial with each mouse click. Unless they are going to start charging us all $25.00 per year to subscribe, we all need to count our blessings and complain a little less. :)
    Ditto!! Hoping we WON'T have to subscribe at some point.

I also feel it is well worth mentioning where else can you sell anywhere for free with the size of the membership here? Trade, give donations, etc., etc. The vast number of forums created a niche for anyone and everyone.

I for one am very thankful that Admin took an unbelieveable amount of time to create this unprecedented board for quilters. Personally I know of no where else on the internet that provides all this board offers free or even with a fee. The accumulated years of knowledge of the members is extraordinary and their willingness to share and help others is beyond comparison.

We all should be thankful for what this amazing board has given to us in more ways than just our shared love of quilting.

Quote Originally Posted by quiltmaker
    I also feel it is well worth mentioning where else can you sell anywhere for free with the size of the membership here? Trade, give donations, etc., etc. The vast number of forums created a niche for anyone and everyone.

I for one am very thankful that Admin took an unbelieveable amount of time to create this unprecedented board for quilters. Personally I know of no where else on the internet that provides all this board offers free or even with a fee. The accumulated years of knowledge of the members is extraordinary and their willingness to share and help others is beyond comparison.

We all should be thankful for what this amazing board has given to us in more ways than just our shared love of quilting.
    My sentiments exactly :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    I love Quilting Board!
    I love the Board being FREE, because I could not afford to pay! I am thankful for it each and every day.
    I do like to know what kind of weird things are happening, so that I know it is not my computer freaking out! I am not complaining about the ads, they are just weird all of a sudden.

Blog Entries
    I guess I'm the odd girl out here, LOL! I don't see any ad's. I use Firefox for my browser.

A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Johanna Fritz
    I second this!!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

The only ad I see is fairly unobtrusive just above the reply space. I hadn't noticed them until this discussion. Cool it. If your computer has slowed down maybe it just needs a defrag.

Junior Member Retiredandquilting's Avatar
    Recently, there have been complaints about ads at the top of pages, slow downloads, etc., on the message board. These boards are free to us, and don't the ads help keep them that way? I've not experienced any of the myriad of problems being mentioned, so maybe I'm just lucky--but lets try to be more appreciative of a wonderful service we're receiving--for FREE. rusty
    You are on the money here! We are luck to have this board for free!

I must disagree with all of you. I am finding the slowness of this board very frustrating to use. The ads do not bother me as much as the time it takes to download each ad and then each picture.I do so love sitting here each morning with my coffee but seriously doubt if I have the time to wait for all the beautiful pictures of these talented people to download.

I love and appreciate this board. For some reason, the ads have never bothered me. As long as there are no Pop-up ads, I'm o.k.

The slowness has pretty much gone away and NO I didnt need a defrag. Something happened when they changed over. It should not take 5-8 minutes to load on very high speed cable or DSL.

As far as the ads, I dont mind them as long as they are appropriate. But there are more of them.

Amen

Quote Originally Posted by quilt1950
    Quote Originally Posted by quiltmaker

My sentiments exactly :thumbup:
    I agree fully. My slow problems also disappeared after I cleared my history--probably hadn't been done "in forever"!

Quote Originally Posted by mynani
    I must disagree with all of you. I am finding the slowness of this board very frustrating to use. The ads do not bother me as much as the time it takes to download each ad and then each picture.I do so love sitting here each morning with my coffee but seriously doubt if I have the time to wait for all the beautiful pictures of these talented people to download.
    Have you cleared your browser cache or history? If not, that is the problem-----If you have , then send a note to Admin, as they want it to work properly. I had an answer back from them quite promptly.

Oh mo! I am very far away and you people don't know how much this board means to me. Thank you ever so much again.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast