Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: remember the Mackinac Inn mystery quilt?

Blog Entries

remember the Mackinac Inn mystery quilt?

I am staying in Mackinaw City for a day or 2. After googling the above mentioned hotel, I still can't find the one I want. the mystery quilt took place in the first part of this year. I remember LOTs of colors, black and white tiles floors, and BIG pinkish flowers in the carpet.. I have the information in my sewing room at home .... I am now about 2000 miles from home! I don't want to miss seeing this hotel. OK super sleuths You would think this would be EASY.... not so... HELP!! thx!

It is the Grand Hotel on Mackinac Island. You would need to take the ferry to the island.

That was Bonnie Hunter's 'Grand Illusion' mystery quilt.
    Jane

The pattern was removed from Bonnie's website June 1, as she is adding it to her next book!
    Creative clutter is better than idle neatness.

Just google Grand Illusion and pinterest will give you a picture of the quilt.

Power Poster
    Bonnie has added some patterns to the "Shop" tab at www.quiltville.blogspot.ca

They used to charge for a brief tour. I can't remember how much, it was a long time ago.

It's hard to miss the Grand Hotel. Grand she is!

Blog Entries
    Thanks everybody ! I only got to see her from a distance but the weather was perfect so view was good.... We were only in Mackinaw City for an overnighter but think we may be going thru there again on our way back home...will plan several days and make sure we see the hotel... have to take a fast Ferry ride to the Island.... think it is $22.00 RT per adult.... no cars only horses on the Island... Have to go in winter on ICE BRIDGE on snowmobiles IF there is enough ice..... thanks again !

Blog Entries
    Just a FYI for the Michigan Row by Row experience a shop in Marquette MI did the Grand Hotel ...........too nice.........

Blog Entries
    Of all the places in the world to visit, This one place I am thrilled about and someday want to get there. I am having a little hotel envy!
    Enjoy your stay.
    peace
    no act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. Aesop

Hubby & I went 2 years ago for our 40th. It was $10 to tour the hotel, but they take it off the price of their buffet if you eat there. We did all the tours on the island. What a wonderful memory. Great day. Well worth the trip. "Somewhere in Time" is my all-time favorite romantic movie, which was filmed at the hotel.
    "Find Joy in the Journey"
    U..U, =^..^=, =^..^=

Blog Entries
    Thanks everybody for helping me "REMEMBER" ! In Cleveland now for 50th class reunion then Eastward to Nova Scotia. Will be heading home thru Quebec in September or October. Will probably be dropping back down into Michigan thru St Ignace. Are gonna try to get to the Island and tour the hotel then..... We'll have more time then too!! enjoy !!! will keep ya'll posted.... thanks gain ! Happy Quilting !!!