replying to 75+

Old 08-09-2011, 10:10 AM

Reading all those posts of quilters, 75+, who like to quilt and walk their fingers across the computer keyboard.........I see that we do have a good amount of quilters doing their thing in their eighth decade.....

Let's just see how many of us there are on this board......

Starting here in Jersey......I am 77, retired and love quilting and the computer....but also enjoy cruising the islands and visiting Atlantic City to pull handles of the slots.......

HOW ABOUT YOU?
Old 08-09-2011, 10:14 AM

59 years old, still working, I also like to travel, went to Japan once, Beautiful country!!
I hope to be quilting when I am 105!!
Old 08-09-2011, 10:29 AM

I'm 76 and have just given up horseback riding because my beloved mount has turned 32 years old, and have retired him to pasture, which he has certainly earned.
I have always sewn and I think I have quilted even though I didn't know that was what it was called. Now that I am retired, have lots of material, a little nook to sew in, and an old Viking that is a trooper and has gone through children, grandchildren, several horses, I now want to do some creative quilting. Just discovered I had bought an old treadle machine years ago, because I liked the cabinet. Had my husband and son bring it out from storage shed for my Mother's Day gift, and oiled and cleaned it and have that to work on now. Am looking forward to years of piecing and sewing and learning new methods of quilting.
Love this Quilting Board!!!!! also love to use the computer and keep in touch with friends on my e-mail.
Old 08-09-2011, 11:08 AM

I will soon be 72 years old and have been quilting for about 30 years. I also do some knitting and would love to travel more than I am financially able to do. Have a hugh stash of fabric and other stuff which I need to be clearing out. Love to teach others to quilt.
Old 08-09-2011, 11:15 AM

I must have missed this particular post.
I am 77 and still quilting....Me and my Bailey and GMQ Pro frame. Getting the job done for charities.

June in Cincinnati
Old 08-09-2011, 12:01 PM

I will be 70 Halloween and am retired and just do what I want when I want. Raised 4 children have 7 grand childen and 4 great grandchildren and no pets. I have sew all my life and love to quilt make for charity and my family Told my grand children was going to live to be 100 hope can still quilt then
Old 08-09-2011, 01:52 PM

I just turned 73. Love to quilt. Started by crafting anything and everything. I crochet, knit, needle tat, quilt, sew clothes, I think I've done it all. I'm retired from work but am full time caregiver to my ailing dh. I have 6 children, 2 step children, a multitude of grandchildren and great-grandchildren, 1 cat and 3 of the most precious Jack Russell kids you ever seen. They keep me going.
Old 08-09-2011, 05:52 PM

I'm in Fl.
Will be old enough in Feb for SS.
I still ride a bike.
I sew and quilt every day, unless I'm sick; (knock on wood), I'm never sick.
I belong to a wonderful quilters guild called Friendship Quilters Guild.
I have a cat that rules me.
Coffee is my passion
MY ULTIMATE DREAM is to live in the Pacific Northwest
Old 08-09-2011, 07:00 PM

I will be 70 in December. I am retired - my husband and I travel in our motorhome whenever we feel like it. Spend the winters in Arizona, spring and fall in Yellowstone NP. I love to quilt and read. I have arthritis and osteoporosis so can't do to much physical labor or other things. I do get to the gym twice a week to try and help keep me somewhat limber. I have 2 sons, 6 grandchildren and 1 great grandchild. We celebrated our 50th wedding anniv. 2 yrs. ago and we Love life.
Old 08-10-2011, 03:18 AM

I'm 83, love my computer for quilting and games, and play golf (well...at least chase the little white ball!) once a week if the weather permits. Love my quilting!!!