Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: rich & famous?

Super Member just_the_scraps_m'am's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    have you ever met someone famous in person? i have, years ago, i met Dionne Warwick at a local airport. She is really tiny!

Years ago, I met Tony Randall at The Children's Museum in Indianapolis. I went up to him to tell him I had enjoyed his performance in "The Music Man" that he was touring Indiana with at the time, 32 years ago, to be exact, the same year my middle son was born. I was really excited, he was standoffish. Of course, I realize I was interrupting his downtime, but as a celebrity, he was always "on". I didn't want his autograph or anything, just to tell him I enjoyed the musical. Anyway, I doubt that I would go up to another celebrity again.

Oh, and I met former basketball coach of the Indiana University Hurryin' Hoosiers, Mike Davis. He was very nice, and gave me autographs for all 3 of my sons. I was impressed.

I met Marilyn Manson, Bo Hopkins (he married a high school friend), I met the producer of Miami Vice (I reupholstered the cigarette boat Sonny and Ricko rode in).

Blog Entries
    i have had friends who have met various people as well. from jim nabors to tom selleck to kevin costner!

Blog Entries
    I met Robin Leach, does that count?

I met and had my pic taken with Former Governor/Homeland Security Director Tom Ridge.

Local judges and senator and state rep. are friends for years.

Also have pics and friends with local tv celebs.

That's about it. No one hugely famous.

Super Member Luv Quilts and Cats's Avatar
    I met John Cleese in Boston. He was selling movies about meetings he made with another person. Of course, the movies were comical and Monty Pythonish....but I loved them.

Jimmy Buffett @ Paradise Island. A drink and A wink.

Blog Entries
    WOW, that would have been the best!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Luv Quilts and Cats
    I met John Cleese in Boston. He was selling movies about meetings he made with another person. Of course, the movies were comical and Monty Pythonish....but I loved them.

I met President Fords daughter...don't remember her name, guess I was to busy trying not to lose my very active 18 month old at the amusement park at the time.

I met Lucille Ball in the early 1970's when one of my cousins was dating the best friend of Lucy Jr.
    He'd been to Ms. Ball's home a few times with the friend and Lucy Jr. (is this confusing?)
    I was with my cousin when Lucy Sr. and Lucy Jr. came out of a store, recognized him and stopped to talk. Then, after I hit him in the ribs with my elbow to remind him I was standing there, he introduced me to them.
    Lucille was very nice. Asked me how I liked L.A. etc since she'd been told I was from out of town. Just chit chat but she was very friendly. I didn't ask for an autograph. I never understood why people do that, so I never did.

I also met John Wayne at the Phoenix Airport. Another cousin worked in the airport lounge and John Wayne would always wait for his plane in there. He liked my cousin (she looked kind of like a young Lana Turner...ha) and always spoke to her. She told me to just sit and wait because somebody famous came through there several times a week. That day it was John Wayne. He was a big guy!! And very gentlemanly.

Quote Originally Posted by Luv Quilts and Cats
    I love the Monty Python guys!

i meet ray charles in alt.airport he was a very nice person..

Blog Entries
    On an annual trip to the Atlanta Gift show..hubby and I were shopping for our flower shop, we met, Jacklyn Smith and Meredith Baxter. Later that same day I was shopping alone and I heard some loud ruckus..I turned to look what it was and it was Richard Simmons..he was running thru the isles kissing all the ladies. I got a kiss! On our last trip there, Paul McCartneys daughter STella has a showing of her new line of fabrics, we just missed her famous dad.

Pam
    Bette Middler (her daughter was so polite and a lovely young lady), Sylvester Stallone, Bruce Willis and Demi Moore (when they were still a couple) their daughters were darling, Tom Hanks, Warren Beatty (his kid was a Brat),Tom Berringer and Sam Elliott.

I used to be a tour guide in Beaufort, SC. Lots of movies have been made there, and of course, vacations.

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    One of my best friends is Kay, and her cousin is Reba McEntire. SO In March, before the awards show, she was down and they went to New Orleans for a show. I met her when she came by to get Kay. Their mom's are sisters. Then I met Eleanor Burns, Ricky Timms, at Houston International quilt show last year. Quilters are rich and famous to me. I have also met Susan Wittig Albert, writer, Lisa Scottoline, and Anna Jefferies, all writers. YOu never know who you are going to meet at any time or place. Keep our eyes open. LOL

Well, not really met but I was right next to Bob Hope many years ago - I was in Acapulco, Mexico at the time, on the beach - and he arrives and does a taping for one of his special on the beach..it was great....had a wonderful time that day!

I know Scott Macintyre, if you consider him famous.

Wayne Newton came to our table and sang Happy Birthday to me when I was younger. I was so embarrassed! Could have shot my folks! LOL

Banned
    I ran into Elmer one time while hunting for wabbit. :thumbup:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    My daughter, Jamie is a very personable young woman. No matter where she goes..goofie things happen. When Hillary Clinton was running for President..she was in York, PA for a rally. Jamie decided she would leave work a little early so that she could a front row seat. She sat down..and an older man came up to her and ask if she minded if he sat next to her. He sat there and started to chat with her. Time past..and he excused himself. The rally started..the guy went up on stage and introduced Hillary. Hillary said.."thank you Meathead" It was Rob Reiner from All in the Family.

Banned
    Didn't meet him, but last year I saw Mike Farrell in the Denver Airport (ya know, of MASH, Providence & Desperate Housewives???)...Well there I am walking through the airport and he's sitting at a gate and I call my teenaged son, who is a total TV/movie junkie to tell him who was there. He didn't recognize the name at first and so I said "you know ~ BJ Hunicutt from MASH!" and my son says "Mom ~ that was so long ago ~~~ he's in Desperate Housewives." DUH!

And........let's see........the latest & greatest of Hollywood fame, Ken Jeong (Knocked Up, Pineapple Express, Furry Vengeance, The Hangover) grew up in the house across the street from me. We played at each other's houses for years and years....My hubby and Ken went to lunch together every single day through high school. And now he's on the Big Screen. YIKES.

Eh. That's it ~ my brush with fame ;)

Blog Entries
    You are a wascle , LOL

I forgot to mention this one but it doesn't really count since it doesn't involve me.
    I have a friend in Toledo, OH whose daughter went to high school with Katie Holmes (Tom Cruise's wife).

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast