Romantic acts

Old 07-03-2013, 03:18 AM

Lately, my husband has clipped flowers blooming in our garden, put them in a vase and put them at my place at the table. He knows I love flowers. Once, when we were younger, he was mowing the yard, and told one of our kids to run inside and tell momma to look out the bathroom window to where he was mowing. He had mowed, I (heart) U in the front yard! He is normally a very practical guy, but he has a very sweet streak and is more romantic than I am. Gotta love him!!!
Old 07-03-2013, 03:28 AM

I, like DebbE above, will choose practical day to day love over the real romantic stuff, but still remember getting a dozen roses a day for a week from a prior boyfriend (no, not my current husband) as a prelude to a proposal. I said yes, it fell apart after 6 months and I'm glad to this day that I waited for my one true love
Old 07-03-2013, 04:21 AM

The most recent romantic thing was when my DH surprised with our hawaiian vacation which we leave on next week. Tomorrow is our 20th anniversary, we always have our own fireworks TMI . Anyway, he does things every day to make me feel special, can't even begin to name them. I love him so, he completes me.
Old 07-03-2013, 05:02 AM

My DH will do things around the house to help me out, like wash and dry clothes, wash dishes, vacuum, sweep, he's even mopped! But lots of times he'll come in with a fresh-cut rose bud from our rose bush for me(these are the old-fashioned great-smelling roses!), or I'll catch him just watching me. He says he's just saving up memories for later, just in case something happens to me. I must admit I do the same to him since he had a severe heart attack and surgery 4 years ago.
Old 07-03-2013, 05:41 AM

My present husband and I were high school sweethearts, but chose different paths right out of school. After 40 plus years, we reconnected. When we saw each other, it was as though we had never skipped a beat. The first night together, we cried, we laughed and then we cried some more because we were so happy to finally have found each other again. He is the most romantic, passionate, loving, kind and considerate man I could ever dream of spending the rest of my life with. He brings me flowers, coffee in bed, and all sorts of little things, and he is always surprising me with gifts. He cooks, cleans, washes dishes, and any other thing that needs done. And yes, we got married on Christmas Eve, 2011. He is the love of my life!!!
Old 07-03-2013, 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by moonwork42029 View Post
Laugh if you want to but to me when my DH rolls over and lets me use his hinny as a "heating pad" for when I have an upset stomach or sore back, that is about as touching as I can think of. He puts off a lot of body heat and is a super guy for letting me snuggle up no matter what the temp is. He also always says "I'd take the pain from you if I could".... awwwwww
moonwork42029
The best things in life are the simplest, aren't they? I almost teared up on the last part. How sweet is that?
Old 07-03-2013, 07:00 AM

My DH and I separated a couple of years ago. We had problems and he tried to solve them by having an affair. He wanted to end our marriage but didn't. He eventually gave up the affair, moved back home and we're working on saving our marriage. Problems come up, mistakes happen, working through them is what counts. He's been home 6 months now and just last week he rolled over in bed, opened his eyes and said "good morning beautiful"...music to my ears...
Old 07-03-2013, 07:38 AM

My husband is very ill in a nursing home and suffers from dementia as well as other problems. Our 60th anniversary was last week, but he hardly knew it. I continue to love him very much although this is a very difficult time. So; our 31-year old grandson brought me flowers and out to dinner on our anniversary.
Old 07-03-2013, 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by Kimcatlou View Post
My husband is very ill in a nursing home and suffers from dementia as well as other problems. Our 60th anniversary was last week, but he hardly knew it. I continue to love him very much although this is a very difficult time. So; our 31-year old grandson brought me flowers and out to dinner on our anniversary.
Your grandson was very thoughtful.
Old 07-03-2013, 09:05 AM

I agree, the most romantic things are the little things. When I have a friend over for dinner, he clears the table and does the dishes so we can continue to talk. Candles are dinner are fine, but vacuuming the house and washing my car ( even the windows!) are the BEST!