Row by row

Old 08-01-2017, 03:48 AM

Default Row by row

How many out there are doing this years row by row quilts? I have collected a couple. I'm not collecting as many this year as I still haven't made the ones from other years. I am being much more selective of what I get this year. Of course all of the ones I want are ones I can't get. I did pre-order one that will ship November 1. There is one in Tampa Florida that is adorable. I couldn't find a way to pre-order it. I might have to contact them by phone to see if I can pre-order it. It has flamingos and bicycles on it, my 2 favorites. Wish I could get it.
Old 08-01-2017, 08:17 AM
Power Poster

I visited my old LQS when I was in Oregon recently, and I thought their row by row block was really cute. You might like it, and it can be pre-ordered. I haven't done any row by row so far. http://quiltloft.com/
Old 08-01-2017, 08:54 AM
Power Poster

I am working on one right now but like you I am being picky with which ones I do. The one row I am doing now is going over ny loveseat by itself.
Old 08-01-2017, 01:02 PM

Made telephone calls the last three years and bought Rows that were mailed to me after Row by Row was finished. One store is 600 miles away -- one way.
Old 08-01-2017, 03:26 PM

Munster that row is really cute. I might have to buy it.
Old 08-02-2017, 04:01 AM

The original purpose of the Row by Row was to entice people to come to your shop. Since many are preordering and wanting them shipped, many quilt shops are no longer participating. Sad for those of us whom actually visited the shops to acquire them. JMHO
Old 08-02-2017, 04:41 AM

I'm not doing as many this year, either. Since I haven't completed those from 3 years ago, I figured, I don't need anymore. I have bought some of the license plates, but refuse to pay $20 for a kit and then more for embellishments!
Old 08-02-2017, 04:46 AM

I am being a lot more selective about the patterns I want this year. Last year it seemed that most were applique with umpteen pieces. I am relatively new to quilting and am finding I like piecing and making pieces that can be washed over and over. I do enjoy going to the different shops and spending time with friends as we travel and shop. I do recognize that this is a marketing tool for the quilt shops so I find something to purchase even if it is a fat quarter or sewing needles.
...I was unable to get to a store last year that I absolutely loved the pattern so I was thrilled this year to go on their website and find the pattern and kit for sale.
Old 08-02-2017, 05:44 AM

I to gave up on it this year as I have to many unfinished from previous years and besides I had a very difficult time finding pictures of their rows in my local area and I did not want to drive to each and every shop to see what they had and then decide that I did not like it so I just lost interest. Wisconsin was very good on showing theirs and they had many that I would of gotten if I only lived closer. I still may check on them in Oct. and see what is available'
Old 08-02-2017, 09:54 AM

My guild is doing a 4 month row by row that we created using three patterns from a book; with the designer's permission.