Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Royal Baby.

Royal Baby.

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have announced they are expecting there first child, Kate has been admitted to hospital with severe morning sickness.

Oh! Glad to hear that news. (big smile) Thanks for sharing because I might not have known for a long time.

Power Poster
    I saw the announcement on the news. I hope things go well but it is early days in her pregnancy.

OK, now everyone in the UK needs to make a baby quilt. NOT! Just kidding. Glad to hear it, sorry to hear she's having a tough time. One of my DDs had a lot of nausea throughout three pregnancies, so I can sympathise. Fortunately for me, I rarely did.
    "The business of life is making memories. In the end, it is all we have." Butler Charlie Carson, Downton Abbey, season 4, episode 3, PBS.

I a so happy for them. They sure make a beautiful and much in love couple. Diana would be proud!!
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place. We are nearing closer to the End Times.

I heard that. I understand how she feels. I had severe "morning sickness" will all of my kids but it was "morning, noon, and night sickness" for me. It lasted until I was about 4 months along.

Oh good!!!! I'm happy for them!
    Dee

"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing." by George Bernard Shaw

Poor thing. But what happy news for a sweet young couple. Congrats!

Blog Entries
    Wonderful News, the baby will have very loving parents, thrilled for the UK.

I was happy to hear this, wish then well!

Blog Entries
    Congratulations Wills & Kate. Wonderful news but I hope the paparazzi give them some peace and let them enjoy it.

I am happy for them and their families, but sad thinking of the non-stop "news" coverage we are going to have of every aspect of the pregnancy and birth.

Why don't we just get our own royal family here in the US and be done with it? You know we all want one... LOL

Happy about the baby. One of my pregnancies had severe morning sickness 24/7so I can sympathize. Hope it ends soon.

Blog Entries
    I know how she feels,I did the same thing with my only 26 year old child. Buy the way she still is at home.My Dr. said that when you are sick like that,You are building a strong afterbirth it is actually healthier for your child.I don't see how,but that is what he told me.I wish them the best.
    Singer 110 , Singer 7422,Singer AH458923, Singer AD075758, Singer 5528 Singer AE234907, Universal H300795 Kenmore 158.16540, Necchi 3354, Dressmaker S2402, Signature 103-303340, BICOR VX1005 Singer 242

I can't wait to see what her maternity clothes will look like. She is always so stylish. Will be fun to watch. God bless them.
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place. We are nearing closer to the End Times.

I had a friend who had the same type of morning sickness that Kate has and she was sick the entire 9 months. After 2 babies, the doctor told her she was "allergic to being pregnant." She never had any more children.

Blog Entries
    wonderful news! i worry about her though, she doesn't need to lose any more weight, poor thing. I know they are happy though.

One of our local newswomen here had the exact same thing as Kate. She was off the air and on bed rest for quite a long time, definitely longer than the initial three months of pregnancy. She eventually was okay, though, and had a nice healthy baby.

I'd like to think this is God's way of protecting poor Kate from the scrutiny for a while, so she can get used to being pregnant and not have to do that with cameras in her face recording every move and every pound. We all know the media isn't going to leave that poor woman alone for a second after this announcement.

I think that's going to be one awfully cute little baby!!

We have 5 children, I was nauseous for a few weeks with 4 of them, but with 1, I do believe I was sick the morning after, my goodness it was discribed on T.V. this A.M. as having food poisoning while being pregnant, and believe me it was. Never left home with out a towel and garbage can. The only places I went was the Dr. & church. We had to wait 6 weeks before celebration baptisim, but the good news, she was born a day early! And I am close to her and she is really a blessing to the family!

Quote Originally Posted by katesnanna View Post
    Congratulations Wills & Kate. Wonderful news but I hope the paparazzi give them some peace and let them enjoy it.
    I, too, hope the paparazzi give them some privacy because I have just about had ENOUGH of it already! MANY, MANY women were ( and are) sick with pregnancy, our backs hurt, our feet swelled. She's not the first one to have a child. We don't need to keep hearing about it!!!

Blog Entries
    I just saw an interview with a woman who had this type of sickness from week 12 of her pregnancy to the 30th!!

I saw it on Yahoo this morning. I wish them well. I'm just sorry Diana is not alive to see her first grandchild. Don't you know she would have been a doting grandmother.
    When a dying man asked his pastor "How long does it take to die?" his pastor's heartfelt reply was "A lifetime." Live life to the fullest, but stop now and then to enjoy the sunset.
    Lynda

So now if I read it in the Enquirer, I can believe it? All the baby questions have been on the front pages since their wedding.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by maryb119 View Post
    I heard that. I understand how she feels. I had severe "morning sickness" will all of my kids but it was "morning, noon, and night sickness" for me. It lasted until I was about 4 months along.
    I thought all pregnancies started out with morning sickness! Maybe being a princess makes it worse than we all thought it was! Sorry, ladies, but she puts her bra on the same as we do! Edie
    Home is where the rags of your life are turned into quilts, lemons become lemonade and a few extra pounds are simply welcomed as "more of you to love."
    I am so confused. I don't know if I found a rope or lost my horse."

BELIEVE

As long as that baby is healthy, happy and loved, I will be happy. My prayers are with them.
    ABCDEFG

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast