Royal Wedding,

Old 04-28-2011, 08:13 AM

I'll be sleeping away. I can always see it on reruns, and the news.
Old 04-28-2011, 08:41 AM

No interest really, not because it's Brittish but, all the bruhaha that goes on for weddings now and over half end up crashed in a couple of years. Marriage isn't about life anymore, it's about how expensive the wedding was.
Old 04-28-2011, 08:45 AM

I'll watch as much as I can....I'm sure it will be broadcasted for quite some time.....
Old 04-28-2011, 09:10 AM

Can't wait to see it! Don't think I'll get up at 4 a.m.,but I will be watching it most of the day,for sure.
Old 04-28-2011, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by MIJul
Sorry, I could not care less and every time I hear the names "Wil..." well, they don't even get both names out and I've hit the channel button. Is there ANY one else that feels the same, or am I the only person in the world not interested in the least? I'm not saying that it's bad or anything negative about it, but it just doesn't appeal to me personally.
I agree about not caring very much except for --the money being spent by tourist will help their struggling economy but the money spent on the wedding celebrations could support a small nation.
Old 04-28-2011, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by JayCee
Originally Posted by MIJul
Sorry, I could not care less and every time I hear the names "Wil..." well, they don't even get both names out and I've hit the channel button. Is there ANY one else that feels the same, or am I the only person in the world not interested in the least? I'm not saying that it's bad or anything negative about it, but it just doesn't appeal to me personally.
I agree about not caring very much except for --the money being spent by tourist will help their struggling economy but the money spent on the wedding celebrations could support a small nation.
you are not the only one who is uninterested.

I guess I have a weird mind or I have seen too many reality shows - my mind starts wandering and I wonder what would happen if Kate's mom were a MOB-zilla, intent on getting her own way and creating drama. Imagine, planning all your life for your daughter's wedding, then find out she is marrying the heir to the throne and some Minister of Protocol is telling you how every detail of the wedding is going to go, and you and your daughter get no say in it at all.
I am hoping to see this as a movie on Lifetime some day. Like I said, a weird mind.
Old 04-28-2011, 11:11 AM

Everyone is "wedding crazy" here in Australia.
I'll be watching.
Old 04-28-2011, 11:25 AM

If I can, I will be up at 4am. I watched Diana's wedding and the funeral so I can't break my tradition... ;)
Old 04-28-2011, 11:55 AM
MCH

Will be fun to see the dresses, the kilts, the horses,and the landmarks ...but NOT at 1 A.M. Pacific time. I'm sure I can see whatever I want, whenever I want as the media will be all over it.

At least Kate will introduce a bit of "common blood" into the family. I read several months ago that last Christmas will be the last one that Kate will be ALLOWED to spend with her family as the "royals" spend Christmas with the queen...and Kate's parents will not be invited to spend Christmas with the "royals". So much for the "softer, gentler" public face of the royal family.

While I'm not big fan of the monarchy, but in light of how this country's leadership has snubbed and insulted our long-standing British friends and closest allies, I offer my sincerest apologies. No wonder no American government leaders weren't invited to the wedding. Who'd want them there?

Can you imagine how insulting it was to the Brits to have the bust of Winston Churchill that was in the Oval Office returned to them?! That was sent to the US citizens as a sympathetic remembrance of the Sept. 11, 2001 attack.

Maybe a cup of English Breakfast tea will be good with my toast on Saturday morning (Pacific Time) as I watch recorded snippets of the festivities. I may even make some scones. Yummy.

Felicitations and Congratulations to "The Kids".
Old 04-28-2011, 12:50 PM

I'm in UK too and will be round my Mum's with family for 8.30 am cos she's got the best telly! We will watch until the couple come out onto the balcony for the big kiss! Hope everyone enjoys the day too!!

We have even put our Union Flag bunting up outside our house, although my DH feels it lowers the tone of the street. The English are so reserved, and I can say that because I am Welsh and don't care.