San Diego fires

Old 05-18-2014, 08:13 AM

Location: Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
Default San Diego fires

Over 125,00 people in San Diego have been displaced due to the massive fires there.

I think of our members who may be affected and worry for them.

Qbees, please check in as soon as you are able!! We care!!

Jan in VA
Old 05-18-2014, 08:19 AM

Default Southern California fires

Is everyone okay? I'm hoping no one here lost their homes. The fires were pretty much all around us, but thankfully far enough away that we didn't have to evacuate.
Old 05-18-2014, 09:51 AM

The East county where I live was spared this round our San Diego north county, and camp Pendleton marine base has been ravaged. The change in weather has helped tremendously in getting a handle on things, I believe most of them are under control and only a few evacuations still remain in place. This is going to be a rough summer.
Old 05-18-2014, 02:48 PM
Power Poster

sure feel and pray for those people my dd ex inlaws live there hope they are ok!
Old 05-18-2014, 04:00 PM

My grandson's wife has been evacuated from her home on Camp Pendleton. Her husband is on a ship, so no help to her. She is safe at the home of a friend in another section of the camp. many have had to go to evacuation centers.
Old 05-19-2014, 04:18 AM

Praying for all those affected by the fires.
Old 05-19-2014, 12:20 PM

We had to evacuate but no harm except the smell! My oldest son has my car because his engine blew up 4 months ago. At the time to evacuate all I could see was dragging my dog, carring my cat carrier and having my 4 yr. old grandson hold on to a belt hanging down from my belt loops. I called my other son to come get us. Because of traffic it took him hour to go 7 miles. I did start out going up hill! Thank goodness my son arrived just in tome. I was getting super tired! Unfortunatly there were more houses lost in San Marcos then in all the others. Except for Pendleton all fires are out. They figured it was arson as all the fires were so far apart. Gee, really. Thanks for all prayers. So many really need them.
Old 05-19-2014, 03:40 PM
Power Poster

I live north of the fire area and on the other side of the mountain range that separates the desert from the ocean shore. I have been around many of the fire storms and the smoke is usually unbearable. One came very close to where I use to live. It is just like a tornado only instead of just powerful winds, it brings along a wall of flame. Very scary.
Old 05-20-2014, 12:38 PM

I live in North County and was surrounded by the Camp Pendleton (north) and the Carlsbad fire (south) of us. Thankfully the San Marcos fires were far to the east of us. No evacuation necessary. The only pain was the allergens in the air. Glad all is under control now. Those who lost their homes are in dire need of basic items. Salvation Army and Red Cross (and others) have centers where donations can be made if you so desire.