Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Santa -- wrapped or unwrapped? >

Santa -- wrapped or unwrapped?

Santa -- wrapped or unwrapped?

Old 12-17-2010, 09:00 PM

They weren't wrapped when I was a kid but we always wrap them. Now that the kids are older, I love the look of all the wrapped presents under the tree before Christmas.
Old 12-17-2010, 09:06 PM

Wrapped. My DH used to have a system so that NO ONE could figure out who got what. He and I would wrap presents and then only put a NUMBER on each one. No names. The only way to tell who got what was in a small notebook that lived in his shirt pocket and was carefully guarded. Even when bathing he took it in the locked bathroom with him!!! Drove the kids (and me at times) crazy smelling, shaking and lifting each gift.
Old 12-17-2010, 09:23 PM
Power Poster

Wrapped. And when I had kids one of the little neighbors asked his Mom why Santa wrapped our prezzies and not theirs- another time my niece told my brother that Santa had the same wrapping paper as them! Too funny :D:D:D
Old 12-17-2010, 10:16 PM

Funny what everyone's parents did to keep the kiddos from looking at the gifts. My mom always flat out said your gifts are in the bedroom closet in the back in some bags. go look and see what you are getting. If you want to ruin your Christmas it is your choice. Totally took the fun out of it. there was 3 of us. And honestly I don't think that we ever peeked. At least I didn't anyway lol
Old 12-17-2010, 10:22 PM

Ours growing up were wrapped in tissue paper and my mom would write directly on the paper in pen to who it was and then from santa!! We would wake up about 3 am and sneak in to see how many presents each one of us got and try to decipher by the size of the package what is was we got!! THen we would ever so quietly snoop through our stockings!! We would then go back to bed(not really) and at about 5 we would go wake mom and dad!!

We never received presents from mom and dad and we never questioned why they didn't get us anything!! Just the way it was!! AHH the memories!!
Old 12-18-2010, 05:09 AM

I love reading these! Thanks for all the replies. It's wonderful to see all the different Christmas traditions. Makes me sometimes smile, sometimes chuckle and sometimes even brings tears to my eyes. If you're blessed to still have your parents, be sure to thank them for the wonderful memories. We pass them down, even if we change them a little, blend them a little with our spouse's.... and our memories are precious treasures.

I hope you all have Wonderful, Blessed and Merry Christmas!
Old 12-18-2010, 05:39 AM

Ours were unwrappped. My brother (deceased) would make a skweek map of the stairs so we could sneak down (always caught). In the morning we could play with the unopenned toys before breakfast while our parents and relatives found the aspirin (for the party the night before) and the coffee.
Old 12-18-2010, 05:41 AM

I had to wrap as I always wanTed to see their reaction to what Santa brought.
Old 12-18-2010, 05:44 AM

Wrapped now but, my Santa left them unwrapped
Old 12-18-2010, 06:07 AM

Unwrapped. And try as we might, we never could catch the gifts "Santa" left if we woke up in the middle of the night. Not that I tried hard...I sleep soundly, but my brothers tried to nose around. My parents must have put the gifts out at 3 or 4 in the morning.