Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
saw this om Facebook  thoughrt it would be nice to share >

saw this om Facebook thoughrt it would be nice to share

saw this om Facebook thoughrt it would be nice to share

Old 03-14-2011, 09:17 AM

The One u just called fat? She has been starving herself & she has lost over 30lbs. The One u just called stupid? She has a learning disability & studies over 4hrs a night. The One you just called ugly? She spends hours putting makeup on hoping people will like her. The One you just tripped? She is abused enough at home. There's a lot more to people than you think. Put this as your status if your against bullying.
Old 03-14-2011, 09:22 AM

Wish our teens and pre-teens would take this to heart. So many of them feel so bad about themselves (I still remember!).
Old 03-14-2011, 09:26 AM

Location: My favorite place in the world is Lake Erie Region USA

not just teens.. we have this at all ages.

I had a very proud 85 year old that told me she was in top shape because of her 3,000 square foot house that she cleans on her own. Oh and used her finger to point as she talked.
I got up from my table she was standing next to and with cane in hand, dragged myself off to pay the bill.

I looked at her and said, " so, I am this way because I downsized my living quarters?"

bully has many faces. :(
Old 03-14-2011, 09:29 AM

Yeah, I still remember too. During the depression I wore feed sack dresses down to my knees, starched and ironed by my tired Grandma, as did most of my cousins. And there was this one girl who wore ruffled dresses up to her panties, her hair was always in curls, and she was a real mean snob. I can remember her name easily, it was branded on my brain. Now, over 70 years later, I can still feel the glee I felt when one of my cousins told me that Miss Priss had married a rich guy who joined the Navy, came back on leave unexpectedly, caught her and someone who wasn't him in their bed and beat them both, divorced her and she lost all her money and had to go to...gag...WORK for a living. She was slinging hash last thing I heard, over 50 years ago.

Yes, that does live in your memory. They say Words don't hurt, but they do. For a life time. Be careful what you say, you don't know the hurt you will cause, long after you forget ever seeing that person.
Old 03-14-2011, 09:32 AM

Location: My favorite place in the world is Lake Erie Region USA

funny that we all remember that one girls name.. I do hope if my name is remembered it is for good.

the new lable of bully is not a bad label.. maybe one that will wake up a person if they hear it.. nobody wants to be a bully.

sorry about your story and the feed sacks.. the material was nice for use..