Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: School again

I went back after 'only' 15 years out. Amazed myself by making much better grades than the first go round. Did have to drop my 8 o'clock class though as getting hubby to work, 3 boys to the elementary school, the other 2 to the base preschool and then drive all the way across town and try to find a last minute parking place just didn't work very well! The last 9 hours I only took one class per session as by then I also had my baby DD and a job plus DH was overseas.
    You can do it and do it well!

Kudos to you for taking on such an important step in your life. When you are looking at the next 2 years it seems like a long time, but when you look back you see how fast it went. Good luck.

I would like to say YO GO GIRL! Furthering your education should always be a high priority . I am in Central FL also in Polk Co. Very close to Florida Southern College and Southeastern college is right down the street from my house.

Good for you! When I got my masters, I was working full time and found gradually that I was getting more and more tense. School/work, work/school, read, read, read text books and work proposals and reports, etc. Finally, I started getting up 15 minutes earlier (then a half hour) to do some "me" reading. What a difference! If you can do nothing else for yourself, visit this site to keep in touch!
    You need to keep your sanity. Congratulations!

Blog Entries
    I admire you for going back. I am trying to work up the courage.

Quote Originally Posted by madamekelly
    I admire you for going back. I am trying to work up the courage.
    "Change is the wings you give yourself."

You can do it! You can do it! You can do it! (I got my BS at 38 and my MS at 45 so I should know!!!!) If I can do it, anybody can.

Blog Entries
    Congratulations. Getting a college degree is the one thing I wish I had done in my life time. Jobs were easy to get in the 50's thru the 90's--you could work your way up in companies without a degree--the route I chose. Did take a few courses from a Junior College to help with my job--very interesting to be with young people. The more you learn, the more you can enjoy life.

Good Luck!

Been there! Got my teaching certificate at 38, masters at 45, 4 kids, full time job, not easy. It really helps to have support, so come here when you can and let us be your cheerleaders!!! It will go by faster than you think.

I think that's great you're returning to school. Before you know it you will be finished and back on the board!

This will be the most fun you've had for a while. My guess is you are late 40's or early 50's. My mother graduated from college when she was 68 and got a job offer that summer, although she didn't take it.

Enjoy every minute. DNF

Good luck with school.

Susan, you totally ROCK!! I applaud you for continuing your education at this time of your life. Congratulations!!

Blog Entries
    Congratulations!!! I know you are just starting, but so many do not have the courage to take such a huge step! I'm proud of you. Two years ago, almost to the day, I went back to school (after retiring from 30 years of teaching)... it was only a year to become a PTA, but it was intensive, so I may know a little about what you are facing... Hang in there!! Just take one day at a time and try to enjoy every minute! It is exhilarating to push yourself places you never dreamed you could go.
    And become pals with the younger, tech-savvy crowd... this will help if you are like me and slightly techno-challenged!

Keep us posted on your progress? Especially if you ever need a little pep assembly!! We'll be there for you!!!

How exciting! Good luck and have fun with your education.

Good for you! I know it's hard, because I just finished in June, but it is so worth it. Keep us informed and let us know what you are studying.

Blog Entries
    good luck! i know you will do well because this is your choice! as tim gunn says, MAKE IT WORK!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2