Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Season finale for NCIS didn't like it.. >
  • Season finale for NCIS didn't like it..

• Season finale for NCIS didn't like it..

Old 05-18-2012, 06:14 AM

[QUOTE=burchquilts;5221833]Here's a list of cancelled or renewed CBS shows --->

Thanks for the list, all of my favorites have been renewed. I did not get to watch the end of NCIS but from what I read I think I am glad as I did not realize it was the finale, sometimes they drive me crazy. I hope they don't cancel any of the characters, I love them all. Did they show Jimmy's wedding, I had to turn it off when the gang gave him his wedding gifts early and told him he had to open them with his bride.
    Old 05-18-2012, 07:38 AM

I hate the ending, too!!!! I also hate hearing how some of my favorite shows are cancelled. Yet, they keep the idiot shows on (Survivor, Dancing with the stars, etc)....don't mean to offend, but there is NO challenge to those shows...they ALL choreographed. Example: Survivor --- some of the idiot stuff they do would NOT be done by anyone that goes into the woods....only people living in the big city having never been in the woods would do such stuff. Why do people watch those????
    Old 05-18-2012, 08:13 AM

Guessing this is a good way to get rid of those they don't plan on renewing their contracts. Also the soap operas and other shows are feeling the economic crunch too.
    Old 05-18-2012, 08:16 AM

Michael Callum-who plays Duckie has wanted off for many years now-Harmon(Gibbs) has too-that is why Harmon wasn't on too much 2010-they renewed his contract with a BIG salary 2011-2012, now we'll see what happens to all next season-for the rest of the shows canceled House is one I watch and will be sad to see go-but many more will follow-the rest canceled I don't watch-had enough of all the Reality programs too-they stink and tired of the fraud in the shows-some of those can be taken off also-they remind me of the game shows in years past-no one really wins they pay off the contestants-very little money and fix it so the winners are paid to win-found this out from Aunt in California-she works near by and knows most of the fraud in contestants
    Old 05-18-2012, 09:15 AM

Watch the USA channel. They have NCIS on several hours in a row...
    I know--I'm a junkie for the show too.

Anita in Northfield, MN
    Old 05-18-2012, 11:28 AM

I notice not much said about Jimmy. He did fast-forward his wedding to return to NCIS, where he said he was needed. I wonder if anyone thought to check the morgue when they evacuated the building. Hey does anyone remember the movie With Lindsey Lohan, Mark Harmen, & Jamie Lynne Curtis? Mark & Jamie played husband & wife. Wierd couple then too.
    Old 05-18-2012, 01:41 PM

wasn't that the parent trap? i had a crush on illya kuriyakin (sp?) too. now i prefer mark harmon. i'm pretty fickle for an old broad! i loved ziva's abrasiveness and her struggles with idioms in english. and let's face it, tony is more than just a pretty face! i met jlc several years ago and she was very nice. i think her character and gibbs are both so reserved and solitary, it will be fun to see if they let down any walls to let each other in. her son reminds me of some well-heeled, but ignored kids i once knew. not a good combination!! here's to next year's program's!
    Old 05-18-2012, 05:00 PM

NCIS was my favorite. Which moron decided to cancel one of the most popular shows? Everyone I know watched it and liked it a lot. ziva just got to stay and now they all are gone. I couldn't possibly have been ratings. WHY?
    Old 05-18-2012, 09:06 PM

Location: in front of this dang computer instead of my Bernina!(Naples, Florida)

Originally Posted by DonnaQuilts
    NCIS was my favorite. Which moron decided to cancel one of the most popular shows? Everyone I know watched it and liked it a lot. ziva just got to stay and now they all are gone. I couldn't possibly have been ratings. WHY?
    No worries, it WILL be back. David McCallum (Ducky) has signed on, as has Mark Harmon. The others are still in negotiations, and expected to sign new contracts. But as for now, the ending is ambiguous: the writers had to give themselves room to write out anyone who doesn't sign. But they will! No worries.

And when they come back, I think we'll find Zeva and Tony stuck in that elevator for a long time with romantic results. McGee will have some kind of injury I think that tests his courage. Abby? Hmmm.... maybe she'll take care of McGee and realize she really does love him. Oh, how's this? Jimmy of course has to postpone his wedding...so next season has all kinds of romantic missteps, but the season and show finale is a quadruple wedding! Jimmy & Whatsername, Tony & Zeva, Tim & Abby, and... Gibbs & JLC's character. And somehow Ducky officiates! How would THAT be for an ending?????????
    Old 05-19-2012, 05:18 AM

MaryAnn Mc, Love, love your scenario. Wish NCIS would hire you as a writer! : ) I'm always rewriting shows too.