Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Serendipity - the Whole Story >

Serendipity - the Whole Story

Serendipity - the Whole Story

Old 09-03-2010, 04:50 AM
Power Poster

Aw, sorry to hear it! You will find another great deal though!!!
Old 09-03-2010, 04:58 AM
Power Poster

Well - bad news - she didn't have fabric for you - but it was tacky for her to say "come look around" and then not follow through

good news - you didn't spend anything and hubby may be somewhat relieved
Old 09-03-2010, 07:29 AM

So sorry to hear it didn't work out. I guess it was not ment to be.
There is something else waiting for you.
God bless
Old 09-03-2010, 10:11 AM

Happy shopping!
Old 09-03-2010, 05:58 PM
Power Poster

Lucky you.
Old 09-04-2010, 02:46 AM

Originally Posted by fmd36
Went back out to try again. They were there. Knew I came for the fabric. Said it was still in attic and too hot to go and get it (I agree). New story- she has a friend coming up next week from NY who has a biz selling pre cuts and thinks she will give it all to him. Hoped I would buy pre cuts she had there but that is not what I was looking for. Tried to interest me in some other (non-fabric /qulting related ) items but that is not what I was there for. So...that is end of story. I am really embarrased that I posted and it turned out to be a big zero. I am stubborn and won't give up the searching. DH is breathing easier now. Best wishes. fmd36 in NH
I don't understand why, if she was having a sale the next day, that the fabric would still be up there. Seems like she'd have been ready for that sale. Hmm, something sounds fishy to me. Maybe it was meant to be -- not the time to buy, huh.
Old 09-04-2010, 08:50 AM

no, it did not work out....and this am i missed a curb going into dunkin doughnuts and hit the sidewalk with my face, broke my nose, my new glasses and did some damage to my left arm. arm is in a sling for the time being...so, there you go...and i have a chemo support group waiting on an order of head scarves. fabric isn't here yet so that gives me a few days. maybe my hand quilting daughter can help me out. who said it never rains, but pours?
Old 09-04-2010, 10:18 AM

OMG, girl, when you come due for the goodies you are gonna reap big time!!! Double hugs and smiles for you surely deserve them!!
Old 09-04-2010, 10:54 AM

I'm so sorry that you fell and got hurt!! That is no fun!!!
(((((((hugs))))))))) I hope you heal up quickly!!!
Old 09-04-2010, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by fmd36
no, it did not work out....and this am i missed a curb going into dunkin doughnuts and hit the sidewalk with my face, broke my nose, my new glasses and did some damage to my left arm. arm is in a sling for the time being...so, there you go...and i have a chemo support group waiting on an order of head scarves. fabric isn't here yet so that gives me a few days. maybe my hand quilting daughter can help me out. who said it never rains, but pours?
I am so sorry you are having such a run on misfortune. I can relate to that. In "98 my retirement year, I was diagnosed with bladder cancer, had the surgery in January. Began chemo in February. Had a stroke in April. Had an allergic reaction to the chemo in June. In September, I fell while doing my morning walk and broke my wrist in two places. I tell you, I was beginning to call the hospital home. When I went in for the broken wrist, the ER doctor couldn't understand why I was laughing. What else could I do? Sometimes it "just don't pay to get up in the morning."

:lol: Keep your chin up. You're in my prayers.

P. S. I didn't get to finish the year with my last class. For a writing assignment, their new teacher had each of them write me a letter. One of them told me how sorry he was that I had "lost my job." :lol: