Serger

Old 01-03-2017, 06:52 AM
dms

Me too with the Imagine. I have Viking machines, but a BL serger. I wouldn't trade it. It's the threading and the fact that you're not messing with the tention. No comparison to other machines in my opinion.
Old 01-03-2017, 07:27 AM

It really depends on your budget. Babylock is the best. Auto threading, auto tension.....they are wonderful. Babylock has numerous models. The top of the line is the Ovation.....however, some of the other models have the auto threading and auto tension. I found an Imagine in an estate sale for $400. I also have an evolve. But my number one serger is my Ovation. If you want a combo serger, one with cover stitch, and serging.....be sure to ask you dealer, so they can show you the uses. Best wishe's for findung your serger.
Old 01-05-2017, 06:04 PM

In the past I've owned sergers by Brother, Janome, and Viking. The threading can be intimidating to most of us, so we tend not to use them like we should. THEN CAME the "Self Threading" Babylock Sergers. I have the BL Ovation. It's wonderful, but I also had a lesser expensive BL which I traded in on the Ovation. No more intimidation. You will love the Babylock self threading air system. IT is worth the price whichever BL model you choose.
Old 01-06-2017, 02:36 PM

OMG! I will rather do without a serger than have anything BUT my Baby Lock. I currently own the Ovation but started out with the Evolution. I'LL NEVER HAVE A NIGHTMARE THREADING A SERGER AGAIN! I cannot tell you how passionate I am about the threading on the Baby Lock sergers.

I owned A White that would take me 8 hours to thread--all day! Yes. Then I wouldn't have time to sew anything. After I got the Baby Lock with the air threading system I (unfortunately) had back surgery and was not able to sit to the machine. I instructed my grown son and his 4 year old daughter on how to thread the machine and use it. And they were successful the first time!

It now takes me about 1 1/2 minutes to rethread my serger from scratch. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my Ovation.

I'd never recommend any other machine even though there are another dozen reasons to love this brand, the threading is the best. Don't buy someone else's nightmare and make it your own. Get a Baby Lock. Easy Peasy threading, no adjustments, no hidden problem, no nightmares! Get a Baby Lock with air threading.

No I don't work for Baby Lock.

Grammahunt