sewbids.com

Old 09-20-2011, 07:18 AM

Does anyone know what happened to this auction? I bought bids when they first started because they had auctions closing at different times during the day then they changed to all evening (EST) closings which mean't I couldn't bid because we had dial up at home and now that we have DSL I went to the site but was unable to find it. I still have bids to use. If the site went out of business does anyone know how to get your $$ back for the bids you purchased or are you out of luck?

Susan
Old 09-20-2011, 07:23 AM

I don't make any purchases online without using a credit card, so that I can work with the credit card company to refund my $ if there is a problem.
Old 09-20-2011, 07:24 AM
Banned

If this was a penny auction site you have to be careful with those companies. Research them and see but I doubt you can get refund. They end up making several times the amount an item is worth as they charge per bid and then only allow you to do $.1 at a time. Our local news did a story earlier this year. They paid $259 for a $399 itouch but after reviewing the bids that each cost .60 the company made well over $1200 for that item. They said many times manufacturers may not honor warranty if purchased thru those auction. Just thought I'd pass along
Old 09-20-2011, 07:34 AM

i cant find it either