Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Sewing head scarves for mom's chemo time >

Sewing head scarves for mom's chemo time

Sewing head scarves for mom's chemo time

Old 04-20-2012, 12:01 PM

you can also try this site for patterns:
http://moms_on_mission.tripod.com/id5.html

the pattern links are at the bottom of the page. The page is OLD and tripod will no longer allow me to update it. The site that page is located on was once my old charity site, but...

Prayers for your mom.
Ali
Old 04-20-2012, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by bigbrownowl View Post
A while ago I was looking for some chemocaps to make for my 9-year old god-daughter. An internet search, and a number of PMs from members of this board solicited a number of patterns and ideas. I ended up making loads of these for both my god-daughter and loads of her chemo-mates (her term, not mine!). Most of these are easy to make and look great. Hope this helps! Mxxx
After posting this last night, I found out this morning that my mum also has breast cancer.

I am a cancer survivor. Cancer is a SHIT. it strikes at random and totally unpredictably. However, there is a good survival rate now, as compared to even 5 years ago. Be strong. Be encouraged. Be brave. But most of all FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT. Mxxx
Old 04-20-2012, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by bigbrownowl View Post
After posting this last night, I found out this morning that my mum also has breast cancer.

I am a cancer survivor. Cancer is a SHIT. it strikes at random and totally unpredictably. However, there is a good survival rate now, as compared to even 5 years ago. Be strong. Be encouraged. Be brave. But most of all FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT. Mxxx
I wonder how many of us are survivors? I'm almost 17 years as a "survivor".
Old 04-23-2012, 07:20 AM

Thanks to all of you for your wonderful responses. Mom just went through her 2nd chemo treatment and is having the weakness and tiredness, but that can be handled. I have tons of nice patterns and a few members have even sent caps/scarves.

Thanks again!
Old 07-04-2012, 06:11 PM

I have been looking for patterns for hats and such as I am currently receiving chemo for breast cancer. My hair was falling out pretty bad so I had it shaved last night. I still have a buzz cut, but know it that what's left is going to fall out as well. I would also appreciate any patterns for hat as I want to try my hand at this. I am not (currently) a sew-er or crochet-er, but am willing to try!! Any help is much appreciated!!! Thanks in advance!!!!