Shapewear

Old 10-25-2011, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by athomenow
I forgot to tell you to make sure it has a split in the bottom so you don't have to pull it down to wee! You'll thank me!
Wish I had known that!!
Old 10-25-2011, 06:02 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by athomenow
I forgot to tell you to make sure it has a split in the bottom so you don't have to pull it down to wee! You'll thank me!
:lol: :lol:
Old 10-25-2011, 06:18 PM
Banned

I have tried them all...SPANX wins hand down...I know they are pricey..but really..they are worth it!
Old 10-25-2011, 06:39 PM

I deeply researched this a few years ago.... and the best reviews were for Dr. Rey's Shapewear ( JC Penney cares a full line... I got mine via ebay for half price )
I read reviews for weeks.. from all over the web, personal friends and their friends...
Hands down the Dr. Rey's got the best reviews for shape control and comfort...
Like others I was instructed to get the long line thugh version. I did so, but I really think the panty line would be more comfortable in the long run.. for me anyway.
Mine is high waisted and comes just under the bra line.
Now, according to their measurements.... I got the size they recommended... holding it up... it appears to be made for my 3 yr old grand daughter.... * sigh * but it WAS for my size.... * uh huh.....skeptic that I am...* Well, let me tell u... once I got it on it was actually comfortable.. must more so than I expected for the size it looked... I was surprised to even getingot the thing... but I did.. no. mind u... I won't even put it on in front of Zipster the cat....... even he would die from laughter... getting into it aint' pretty by any means.... and talk about wiggle, wiggle twist and turn....!!! But I got LOTS of compliments on it... and I was comfortable all evening ....( thankfully, it's made so u do not have to go thru taking it off to go to the ladies room... * and to think I lol at this design when I saw it.. after struggling to get it on.. I was glad to have the design!!!*
Dr. Reys is more expensive.... but I widdled off a good 20 pounds wearing it...!
Old 10-25-2011, 07:15 PM

If you're going to wear it more than once or twice get the best, if just for a wedding I wouldn't spend the extra $$$. Just my opinion!
Old 10-25-2011, 08:44 PM

Spanx works wonderful I've worn them a few times and they're comfortable they let you breathe unlike some of the other ones out there.
Old 10-25-2011, 10:44 PM

I read an interesting post on another forum where they were discussing Dr. Rey vs. Spanx. One woman said she had tried both, and it's her opinion that if you're an apple shape, you'd prefer Dr. Rey. If you're a pear, you'd do well with Spanx.

Hope this helps!
Old 10-25-2011, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by Peckish
I read an interesting post on another forum where they were discussing Dr. Rey vs. Spanx. One woman said she had tried both, and it's her opinion that if you're an apple shape, you'd prefer Dr. Rey. If you're a pear, you'd do well with Spanx.

Hope this helps!
Guess it's Spanx for me, LOL!
Old 10-25-2011, 11:18 PM

Treadmill....; )
Old 10-26-2011, 04:28 AM

At target, there's something called assets, cheaper than spanx and I think more comfy!