Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
She doesn't sew but.......... >

She doesn't sew but..........

She doesn't sew but..........

Old 01-13-2011, 07:19 AM

Pretty, but hard to beat my Colt 1911-A1!!!
Old 01-13-2011, 07:39 AM

It is very sad that we think guns are a nice toy I am so very glad that I live in Canada...
Old 01-13-2011, 07:41 AM

This seems so wrong to me.
Old 01-13-2011, 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by stitchinwitch
GULP - I bought a 380 over a year ago and haven't shot it once - I don't even know how to load it! All I have is a box of practice shells (have no idea what the difference is) - one of these days.............
If you don't know how to use it don't carry it. Find a gun range and instructor and learn how. There are many people killed by their own gun because they didn't know how to properly handle it.

I have a 9MM Glock and I used to carry it all it time until we moved from Orlando to NC. Not as much crime where we are now.
Old 01-13-2011, 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by MaggieLou
Originally Posted by stitchinwitch
GULP - I bought a 380 over a year ago and haven't shot it once - I don't even know how to load it! All I have is a box of practice shells (have no idea what the difference is) - one of these days.............
If you don't know how to use it don't carry it. Find a gun range and instructor and learn how. There are many people killed by their own gun because they didn't know how to properly handle it.

I have a 9MM Glock and I used to carry it all it time until we moved from Orlando to NC. Not as much crime where we are now.
I have quite a bit of training. My first instructor was a Dallas Police officer. Crime isn't so bad here, but out in the woods you never know who one will run into. Hidden meth labs, pot fields etc.... Better to be safe than be Bear food.
Old 01-13-2011, 08:48 AM

Here in Uk, we would be locked away if found carrying a gun. You can a have a license for sport shooting, but cannot carry a gun for protection. I must admit I have two heavy wooden batons, one downstairs and one beside my bed. They would even be stated as offensive weapons.
Old 01-13-2011, 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by Valerie Scherr
It is very sad that we think guns are a nice toy I am so very glad that I live in Canada...
I don't refer to my guns as toys. I realize weapons are not everyone's cup of tea. But I would rather be armed than be a outline on the ground.

My father taught me the Military's version of hand to hand combat. My older brother's made sure I carried something in my car when I was a teen.

And as an adult when I was assaulted by three rather large women, I started to carry a gun.
Old 01-13-2011, 09:55 AM

Sorry all of you gun carriers...After the deaths in Tucson last week I am becoming more anti easy gun purchase and use.
Old 01-13-2011, 10:01 AM

Oooooo, like that 9 mm, it sure punch though! I got one about 6 mos ago and have taken the safety class too... Take it out to the farm for practice and after 6 shots, im done and ear is ringing....lol
Being out in the country, i need it for snakes and the likes!
Old 01-13-2011, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by nwm50
Oooooo, like that 9 mm, it sure punch though! I got one about 6 mos ago and have taken the safety class too... Take it out to the farm for practice and after 6 shots, im done and ear is ringing....lol
Being out in the country, i need it for snakes and the likes!
The 9MM Glock doesn't have as much kick as some others. That's why I got it. I had a 32 revolver that the gun shop guy talked me into and I hated it. It had too much kick and rolled in my hand.

FREE Quilting Newsletter