She found me!!

Old 06-08-2012, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by Peckish View Post
So glad you have a "new" pet - and I'm glad you were able to adopt! I had a co-worker who had 2 cats for years, one of them darted out the door as she was leaving one day. She was heartbroken - put up flyers, posted ads, checked the humane society for months. Finally she decided it was time to move on and went to the humane society to adopt another cat. They refused - they said because she lost one cat, she was an unfit pet-parent. Good grief.
That is a case of people not thinking for themselves. Stuff happens. My daughter was turned down because her boyfriend that was living with her at the time didn't seem all that excited about having the dog. The BF is Long gone and her Greta is still there that she adopted later from the Atlanta Humane almost 9 yrs ago.

Greta is a chow/Shepard? mix and Moe who was picked up in a bar at 2months is a rodesian/gsd mix. Both spoiled to death. :-)

I was very picky about my fosters but not crazy about it. Although I did turn down 9 familys for a chihuahua I had. lol
Attached Thumbnails moe-greta.jpg  
Old 06-08-2012, 01:10 PM

She's a beauty - so glad you found each other
Old 06-08-2012, 02:12 PM

She looks so happy. Both of you are fortunate to have found each other.
Old 06-10-2012, 12:23 AM

I am glad things worked out for you. I know what is given is returned by her.
Old 06-10-2012, 12:45 AM

Default i know how you felt.

Originally Posted by Kitsie View Post
I lost my old dog back in the fall and could not afford to get another. I was thinking and had seen that even some "rescue"-ing dogs were over $100 or more. After reading this wonderful post, I decided to actually look for an older female. Oregon Humane society has a wonderful program where dogs over 6yrs are about $85 and as another older female, my discount was $50!!!!

And so Lyla found me! She knew I needed her and I'm just so thrilled to hear a tail "whap" the floor again! I'll be forever grateful to Rebecca of Burch Quilts for her post! Will send a copy to the humane society. b

[ATTACH=CONFIG]340186[/ATTACH]
I know how you felt when I lost my old cat a few years ago. She was 171/2. I was suffering a lot of panic attacks for over 5 years. I waited for 6 months before I got my new kitten Misty. She is just over 1 year now and we have a fighting match every couple of days which has helped my panic attacks which are now zero and it is good for her as well. Twice she has been bitten by brown snakes but the vet was able to save her. I have now got her insured and I am glad because $800 each time is too much for me being on a pension and I do not want to keep getting kittens to train. I am glad you have your new friend.
Old 06-10-2012, 06:47 AM

Lydia has such a happy face! She looks like she is saying "thank you" with that beautiful face. We rescued a Jack Russell about a year ago and haven't regreated one minute of it. He is just like a big baby and acts as though he knew we were the ones to rescue him. After all the paper work was done as we were both considered "seniors" (both Hobo and myself) the humane society said he had only 3 days before they would have to put him to sleep as he had been at the shelter for over a year. But another happy ending and he has his "forever home" with us. Enjoy your Lydia.
Old 06-10-2012, 06:53 AM

Congratulation! Love her face!! She will keep you busy!
Old 06-10-2012, 09:26 AM

Glad you're happy together. Enjoy!
Old 06-10-2012, 11:23 AM

So lucky you found each other. She's beautiful.
Old 06-10-2012, 12:02 PM

Wow, she is beautiful! Glad she got a good home!