Shoot bag

Old 06-22-2016, 06:46 AM
Power Poster

Nicely done!
Old 06-22-2016, 01:42 PM
Power Poster

hey, I need one of those...to shoot pictures, lol.
I was taking pics yesterday and my hands were not the steadiest.
Great job and thanks for the idea
Old 06-24-2016, 03:58 AM

woking forward to seeing the pattern.......have a son and a couple nephews who would happy campers to get one (or two) of these. Thanks, in advance, for sending pattern.......
Old 06-26-2016, 10:04 AM
KLO

My dh has something similar for use with his photography equipment but these look so much nicer and better and more useful. I like the idea of a loop on one end. Thanks for showing them.
Old 07-09-2016, 09:30 AM

Here is the pattern I used. Size is up to you. You can even make this in one piece. I chose to do it in two pieces, because I wanted the webbing and loop on the back side. You don't even need the loop, I used them because I had them.
This was just an "On the FLY" project. I saw these on line and decided to make my own. I probably saved myself about $20+ dollars.

Sorry for all the pictures, but I like to show every step

The remainder of the pics are in the next post. Sorry for the delay on this most. I'm sure someone who sews more and much better then I could kick out about 50 of these a day and make decent coin. These come in all sizes and shapes. Just search the Internet and see what's out there.

Hope you enjoy this.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I like to shoot, and every chance I get to save a few dollars I do. So under Moms supervision (She won't let me SOLO yet), I decided to save myself $20+ dollars. I made a loop bag, sand bag, or whatever you want to call these things.

I used some DUCK CLOTH I had laying around and some poly beads I ordered on line from eBay.

I decided not to use 1000D Cordura yet. I haven't ordered my heavy duty machine yet, and the fabric becomes very thick when you sew thru several layers at a time.
Also 1000D Cordura can get pricey. I don't want to use it till I have this pattern down and a heavy duty machine.

It's the first that we've made and won't be the last. I have several more to cut and sew.
Measurements aren't exact, you can make these bags as big or as small as you want. I figured 8"x5" would be perfect for this project.

So how did this get made:

Very simple project. I think this took us about 30 mins, start to finish and In between arguments lol. Mom just doesn't understand certain things and their use (I'm prior military and Mom lives with us). It probably would have taken less time If I let her sew it, but as you make many of one item, things get easier and faster.

So I used the back of a STENO pad (I know real high tech pattern). It measured 9"x6".
Perfect size, cause it will give me an 8"x5" bag.

Next I traced it onto the fabric using a permanent marker, then I cut it out with a pair of scissors. You can use a cutting pad and pizza style cutting blade.

Then I cut 6" of 1" webbing and sewed a loop hook (thus loop bag). By putting on the loop hook, fold the webbing in half and sew together. The webbing is then placed between the two halves of fabric (In the spot you want) and then you sew the lower half first. You will also sew in the webbing. (See photos below)

I use BINDER CLIPS to hold my fabric together while sewing. As I near one binder clip, I remove it and continue sewing.

once both halves are sewn together, flip the bag right side out. It should look as pictured.

Then you iron the open area flaps to the inside. This will give you a clean seam finish.

Measure to make sure you have 8" or what ever the measurements you are going to use.

Now you sew closed about 3/4 of the open bag.
I then inserted a funnel and pored in poly beads. I got 10lbs on EBAY for $13.00 shipped. How much you add, depends on your needs and thickness of bags.

Once you have desired bead thickness, finish sewing the open bag and double stitch closed. I know ours doesn't look pretty, but we have a domestic machine. Trust me, it's not going to open any time soon

Simple project and little time. You can make your own, you can buy/pay from a shop, then pay for shipping as well. Your choice. I don't knock others products, I'm just showing what I'm doing and how I make things.

You can get fancy or just stay generic. The webbing is just an added look. Let me know what you think.

Mad Mexican

[ATTACH=CONFIG]553638[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]553639[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]553640[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]553641[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]553642[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]553643[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]553644[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]553645[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]553646[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]553647[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails image.jpeg   image.jpeg   image.jpeg   image.jpeg   image.jpeg  

image.jpeg   image.jpeg   image.jpeg   image.jpeg   image.jpeg  

Last edited by Mad Mexican; 07-09-2016 at 09:44 AM. Reason: Spelling errors and addition to text
Old 07-09-2016, 09:32 AM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]553648[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]553649[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]553650[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]553651[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]553652[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]553653[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]553654[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails image.jpeg   image.jpeg   image.jpeg   image.jpeg   image.jpeg  

image.jpeg   image.jpeg