Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Should I sell my stuff on the corner of a main street

Quote Originally Posted by carolynjo View Post
    Farmer's Markets have craft days where hand made goods can be sold. You might check that out.
    I was thinking the same. I know in Tucson they have a nice Farmer's Market. You might also bring an extra pair of eyes to make sure items do not walk off without being paid for but for the rest it sounds like fun. Enjoy!
    Anna Quilts

I am back to tell you what I did and how it turned out. i put two tables in the front yard to display my items. I sat there for 6 hours and not one person stopped. I won't do that again. Thanks to everyone for the help and ideas.
    Suzanne
    Asking a seamstress to mend is like asking Picasso to paint your garage.

You're very trusting.

Sign at the end of your driveway safer?

Not really. What it does is create a reason for both good and BAD strangers to approach you and your home, and makes you an open target for the bad strangers. Once you're out of the way, your home (and anyone else in it) is available for robbery or worse.

If there is a local gift shop/consignment shop, or flea market, try getting your handmade items sold through them.
    A quilt is like a good life. It's full of mistakes, but, in the end, it looks pretty good.

Perhaps she would not be arrested, but honestly, being arrested is nothing compared to being robbed, beaten or killed by a stranger. A sign in the yard is an open invitation to anyone and everyone to approach you. Not everyone is a nice person, even in your own 'safe' neighborhood.
    A quilt is like a good life. It's full of mistakes, but, in the end, it looks pretty good.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2