Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Size of your family, parents still living? >

Size of your family, parents still living?

Size of your family, parents still living?

Old 06-08-2010, 05:35 AM

My dysfunctional family is my normal family. I chalk it up to strong personalities.

I have my Mom and Dad still alive. Dad struggles with the beginnings of Alzheimer's and Mom and I are estranged for 5 years but I still love her very much- it's those strong personalities that got in the way.

I have 8 siblings. 5 sisters, 3 brothers- 1 of which is deceased which let loose all the personalities of the remaining siblings. I speak to 1 sister, step lightly around the rest (nice way of saying there are some control freaks and extremely jealous ones) and not to the bros. as they are wimps and 1 is mental (I have told hubby to watch him- I fear for my life when he is around).

Our kids are the light of my life. Hubby and I have his, hers and ours. There are personality differences here, but I keep them in check. We have 3 boys- 29, 25 tomorrow, and 20. 4 girls- 34, 32, 27 and 27. They are not twins, just from 2 marriages. They have been together sine the girls were 2 and have been treated as blood siblings.

We have 4 grands- 2 boys, ages 3 and 2, and 2 girls, ages 2 and 6 weeks. We only have 1 grand living nearby but we keep in touch daily with the others. My goal this week is to get a swing set put together in time for the girls to visit next week.

I have 3 SILs, 1 DIL and 1 more next week- my 25 year old S gets married on the 18th to a pretty little princess.

Dogs- 2- a 12 year old pug named Crouton and a 4 year old Beagle named Trixie.
Old 06-08-2010, 05:47 AM

I'm 53 and both my parents are still living. Mom's 72 and Dad is 81. Both have some health problems, but are still in fairly good health. I have one brother. He's 18 months younger. In Sept, I will celebrate 30 years of marriage to Randy. I have an adult daughter and son. Daughter is married and has two girls. Son is single. Brother is married with two teenagers. My husband has two brothers, but only one is married and they never had children. Both my father in law and mother in law have died. So, we have a small family. I do have lots of aunts, uncles and cousins, but almost all of them live in TN.
Old 06-08-2010, 06:16 AM
Power Poster

Grandparents gone
Parents gone
Two rotten brothers
One Lovely sister
One TERRIFIC husband
Five cats
One dog
Old 06-08-2010, 07:49 AM

widowed,1son ,3 daughters, 9grand kids,3ggc, I am 78,
Old 06-08-2010, 07:52 AM

I'm 32 years old. I'm married to a wonderful, loving husband for 10 years. We have 2 daughters who are 6 and 9 years old. They are the light of our lives. I have 2 sisters, 1 brother, 3 nieces and 1 nephew. My parents are alive. I also have a wonderful MIL, FIL,Step-MIL, Aunts, Uncles, and Cousins. 1 step-brother and 1 step-sister that I have never met.
Old 06-08-2010, 08:01 AM

I have 2 brothers, Parents both gone :( 1 hubby (that's enough) 4 children (22-38) 2 daughter in-laws, one son in-law, 2 grandbabies 5 months and 8 years. 4 cats and 5 dogs.
Old 06-08-2010, 08:24 AM

I have a brother who just turned 50 and a sister who is 34. No, she wasn't planned. Yes, she was a surprise! She was born in December, and I graduated from high school the following June! My mom and I used to love seeing the reactions on people's faces when she was about 8 months pregnant and we would go shopping. We would be looking at something, and I would say, "Mom, what do you think of this?" Eyes would pop!! :lol:
Old 06-08-2010, 08:25 AM

Oops!! Forgot to answer the other question! Both of my parents are still living, but they have been divorced since I was about 22.
Old 06-08-2010, 08:27 AM

I am the oldest of four. Both parents have gone on to be with the Lord. Two brothers & one sister. (one half sister older & two half brothers older as well)
I have two daughters & one son. One grandson and six granddaughers. And another grandbabie due in October.
I have the best husband. His parents are still living. He has two brothers, one older and one younger. Two sons and one daughter. Six grandsons and one great-grandson. Hubby and I were born in 1955. We will be celebrating our 5th wedding anniversary this August. We are so truly blessed.

Blessings to all,
Sandi
Old 06-08-2010, 08:37 AM

Just my sister and me. She is two years older than me. I have my three kids and 4 grand babies. Sis and her hubby adopted one son. The rest of the family, Mom and Dad, brother, are foster family. Since I was 9 yrs. And I love them like they were my own....