Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Smile

Smile

Life is short:

Smile While you still have your teeth!
    Jennifer: Organized in my dreams.
    🌷RIP dear Tigger....you are missed!
    Buddybear's Mom ...Yorkie Fur Baby

When I smile more, I actually feel happier
    Lori

Power Poster
    Smile even if you don't have your teeth.

Power Poster
    I was (and am) so self-conscious about my teeth - - - -

Your post made me smile!

I had to have one of my eye teeth pulled, can't wear "flipper" they made, so now hold hand over mouth when smiling...
    Retired teacher, loving it.
    Love quilting also.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Homespun View Post
    I had to have one of my eye teeth pulled, can't wear "flipper" they made, so now hold hand over mouth when smiling...
    Aw, put your hand down and join all the other rednecks who make quilts! (I do understand, my lower plate makes me look like a Pekingese!)
    If you always do, what you have always done, The results never change. Change is the wings you give yourself.

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    If not that long ago, take it back and make them fix it. Would they wear ill fitting teeth/flipper. Would they let theirfamily go around with ill fitting prosthetic?
    Quote Originally Posted by Homespun View Post

Blog Entries
    I cannot understand why Medicare will care for our medical needs, but not dental. WHY? Our teeth are bound to go bad just as our bodies are. I am in that fix right now, with a $5,000 dental bill facing me in the next month or so. I have a heart fix that was much more costly than that, and had no problem at all with getting that fixed. I guess "whoever" must have figured that it would all balance out in the long run, but I am facing this "long run" with a long face--it will really cut into my spending money when we go on a road trip.
    Make every day count for something!

JoAnn

I'm with you. Last month I lost a big filling and part of a molar. The dentist said I needed a rootcanal and a crown. Or it should be pulled. I chose to have it pulled. When I went back she asked my why. I told her the truth that I just couldn't afford the dental work. She filled the the tooth with a special filling and it cost $156.00 compared to $2000.00 for the canal and crown. I'm smiling now.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by just joan View Post
    I'm with you. Last month I lost a big filling and part of a molar. The dentist said I needed a rootcanal and a crown. Or it should be pulled. I chose to have it pulled. When I went back she asked my why. I told her the truth that I just couldn't afford the dental work. She filled the the tooth with a special filling and it cost $156.00 compared to $2000.00 for the canal and crown. I'm smiling now.
    This is why dental is not covered. The dentist's wanted the most expensive option, and when you said 'no money', suddenly there is a cheaper fix. Got them kicked out of most medical plans for this very reason. You can go to five different dentists, and each will say you "must" have something different done. I have done the comparisons on a tooth that needing work. Who do you trust? None of them. If they were being honest, why did each make a different diagnosis?
    If you always do, what you have always done, The results never change. Change is the wings you give yourself.